Family’s tribute to Hitchin 25-year-old after fatal stabbing
- Credit: Archant
The family of a 25-year-old man who died from stab wounds in Hitchin have paid tribute to him, saying they “all miss him so much”.
Katheeskaran Thavarasa, who is better known as Karan, was fatally injured at his home in Capswell Court in the early hours of Tuesday, April 23.
Karan's uncle Jey said: "We have been caring for our nephew Katheeskaran for 14 years.
"He was very quiet and never argued with anyone.
"We have spoken to his neighbours and they have all said nice things about him."
READ MORE: Man arrested on suspicion of murder over Hitchin deathKaran, originally from Sri Lanka, came to the UK 14 years ago. His mother, father and brother remain abroad.
You may also want to watch:
His cousins added: "We have so many memories with him and we don't know what we are going to do without him.
"He would come round our house every week and play board games with us and we are really going to miss that.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 9 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 10 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
"He has always been like a brother to us. We all miss him so much and all love him to the end."
READ MORE: Hitchin man charged with murder after 25-year-old dies from stab woundsPolice and the ambulance service attended Karan's flat in Capswell Court at around 4.30am on April 23.
Despite the best efforts of paramedics, Karan - who had suffered knife wounds - could not be saved.
READ MORE: Murder accused Hitchin man remanded in custody for second timeEswaran Sinnathurai, 24, of Wilshere Crescent in Hitchin has been charged with his murder and has been remanded in custody.
He is due to appear at St Albans Crown Court on July 30.