Horror as two cars plough into crowd in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Two cars have left a road and ploughed into people in Stevenage tonight.
The incident happened on Monkswood Way, between the junctions of London Road and Broadhall Way, near to where the Thursday Night Takeover - a weekly meet of members of modified car club Cruise Herts - takes place.
Video footage shows a car coming from the direction of London Road colliding with a car coming out of the Roaring Meg South car park.
To the horror of onlookers, the cars are sent in opposite directions into people lining either side of the road.
Police and paramedics are currently at the scene and there are reports that at least one person is trapped.
You may also want to watch:
It has not been confirmed whether either of the drivers involved were members of Cruise Herts.
The car club held its Thursday Night Takeover - a static meet - in the Roaring Meg South car park for the final time tonight, raising money for 4Louis - a UK charity that works across the country to support anyone affected by miscarriage, stillbirth and the death of a baby or child.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 3 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 8 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 9 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 10 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women