Police release more details a week after ‘unidentified’ body found in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
The body of a man who was found in Stevenage last week remains unidentified, with police now releasing more information in the hopes that someone will be able to recognise him.
Despite “extensive” enquiries, the man remains unidentified after being discovered in the undergrowth of Bray Drive, Stevenage last Tuesday.
His death is being treated as non-suspicious but unexplained, as forensic tests remain inconclusive.
DS Ben Dixon, from the Stevenage Local Crime Unit, said: “This is a very sad case because one week on, we still do not know who this man is, or what his story was.
“We believe his body may have been in the undergrowth for a considerable period of time and our main priority is to trace this man’s family so they can lay him to rest.
You may also want to watch:
“We estimate he was aged between 30 and 40, was of slim build and had facial hair. He was found wearing a beanie hat, grey chequred jacket, navy blue and pink striped jumper, blue jeans and black trainers.
“We have now released images of clothing similar to that found to see if anyone recognises them, as some items are quite distinctive.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 3 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 8 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 9 'Black history should be celebrated every month, not just in October'
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
You can email DS Dixon at firstname.lastname@example.org, report information online at herts.police.uk/report or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.