Zorro by Isabel Allende
ISABEL ALLENDE, with a string of prestigious novels behind her, has decided to indulge in a little swashbuckling and retell the story of Zorro. Zorro was a figment of writer Johnston McCulley s 1919 imagination, but one that fell on fertile ground. Now co
ISABEL ALLENDE, with a string of prestigious novels behind her, has decided to indulge in a little swashbuckling and retell the story of Zorro.
Zorro was a figment of writer Johnston McCulley's 1919 imagination, but one that fell on fertile ground.
Now countless TV shows and films later, Allende has woven a fantastic past for her hero, told through the eyes of his infatuated friend Isabel de Romeu.
Isabel recounts Zorro's birth, the child of a Spanish soldier settled in California and a wild Indian girl, and tells about his growing up with his milk brother Bernardo and influenced by wise grandmother White Owl.
At 16 Zorro and Bernardo travel to Spain and there Zorro's keen sense of justice is honed.
If you like a lot of swash and even more buckle, set within a lively historic context, then Zorro is the romp for you. Thanks to Ottakar's of Stevenage 3/5
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 5 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 8 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 9 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam