Your chance to marvel at Mean Mary’s music as American star comes to Baldock
- Credit: Archant
She could read music before she could read words and started writing her own songs when she was only five years old.
Just a couple of years later she was more than handy on the guitar, banjo, and violin, and her life became one long road show of events, venues, TV, radio, and film.
She’s now a dab hand at 11 instruments, criss-crosses the world on constant tours, and when she finds the time she’s also an award-winning song writer and author.
It’s been said that if Hollywood decided to make a movie about her life, the script would be rejected as far-fetched – it it’s all true, and you can see her in the flesh next week.
We’re talking about Mean Mary James here – but this is no identikit country star clad in denim and gingham.
Mary is on tour on this side of the Atlantic and her itinerary includes a performance at the Letchworth & Baldock Blues, Folk & Roots Club at Baldock’s Orange Tree pub next Wednesday, May 18.
The music is set to start at 8.30pm, tickets are £10 with £9 concessions and can be bought on the door on the night. Visit www.madnanny.co.uk to find out more, and then check out what else is on the club’s programme for the weeks ahead.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 4 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 5 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 In pictures: Stevenage pantomime Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans