Your chance to marvel at Mean Mary’s music as American star comes to Baldock
- Credit: Archant
She could read music before she could read words and started writing her own songs when she was only five years old.
Just a couple of years later she was more than handy on the guitar, banjo, and violin, and her life became one long road show of events, venues, TV, radio, and film.
She’s now a dab hand at 11 instruments, criss-crosses the world on constant tours, and when she finds the time she’s also an award-winning song writer and author.
It’s been said that if Hollywood decided to make a movie about her life, the script would be rejected as far-fetched – it it’s all true, and you can see her in the flesh next week.
We’re talking about Mean Mary James here – but this is no identikit country star clad in denim and gingham.
You may also want to watch:
Mary is on tour on this side of the Atlantic and her itinerary includes a performance at the Letchworth & Baldock Blues, Folk & Roots Club at Baldock’s Orange Tree pub next Wednesday, May 18.
The music is set to start at 8.30pm, tickets are £10 with £9 concessions and can be bought on the door on the night. Visit www.madnanny.co.uk to find out more, and then check out what else is on the club’s programme for the weeks ahead.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 4 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 5 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 6 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 7 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 8 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof