Your chance to check out artist John’s top class pastel palette at Hitchin Art Club session
- Credit: Archant
There’s a special guest heading to the next Hitchin Art Club session at Kingshott School.
The friendly club, which covers a range of ages and includes artists ranging from beginners to professionals, meets at the school on Stevenage Road on the outskirts of town every Tuesday evening in term time, from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
New members are always welcome and Tuesday’s session, which will feature a demonstration from well-known pastel artist, is an ideal date on which to take the plunge.
John Tookey, who was born in Ilford just after the end of the Second World War, worked for many years as a graphic artist before becoming a full-time painter 30 years ago.
As well as being a prize-winning artist he also tutors painting courses, mainly in East Anglia and presents a range of online demonstrations on YouTube.
You may also want to watch:
If you’d like to be there on Tuesday, it’s £2 for members and £4 for visitors.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 4 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 5 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers