Your chance to check out artist John’s top class pastel palette at Hitchin Art Club session
- Credit: Archant
There’s a special guest heading to the next Hitchin Art Club session at Kingshott School.
The friendly club, which covers a range of ages and includes artists ranging from beginners to professionals, meets at the school on Stevenage Road on the outskirts of town every Tuesday evening in term time, from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
New members are always welcome and Tuesday’s session, which will feature a demonstration from well-known pastel artist, is an ideal date on which to take the plunge.
John Tookey, who was born in Ilford just after the end of the Second World War, worked for many years as a graphic artist before becoming a full-time painter 30 years ago.
As well as being a prize-winning artist he also tutors painting courses, mainly in East Anglia and presents a range of online demonstrations on YouTube.
You may also want to watch:
If you’d like to be there on Tuesday, it’s £2 for members and £4 for visitors.
- 1 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Letchworth BID responds after manager unexpectedly jailed
- 3 Christopher Hewett: Teenage boys found guilty of murder and manslaughter
- 4 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 5 Weather warning for rain on the horizon after scorching heatwave
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 7 Tributes to Poppy Appeal stalwart and 'true gentleman' Les Mortimer
- 8 Walk-in vaccine slots available this week
- 9 Tributes after Stevenage Forum co-founder dies
- 10 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays