Your chance to check out artist John’s top class pastel palette at Hitchin Art Club session
- Credit: Archant
There’s a special guest heading to the next Hitchin Art Club session at Kingshott School.
The friendly club, which covers a range of ages and includes artists ranging from beginners to professionals, meets at the school on Stevenage Road on the outskirts of town every Tuesday evening in term time, from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
New members are always welcome and Tuesday’s session, which will feature a demonstration from well-known pastel artist, is an ideal date on which to take the plunge.
John Tookey, who was born in Ilford just after the end of the Second World War, worked for many years as a graphic artist before becoming a full-time painter 30 years ago.
As well as being a prize-winning artist he also tutors painting courses, mainly in East Anglia and presents a range of online demonstrations on YouTube.
If you’d like to be there on Tuesday, it’s £2 for members and £4 for visitors.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change