WWI aerial dogfight to take place at Knebworth Sonisphere show
- Credit: Archant
An aerial dogfight display will take place during this year’s Sonisphere show.
The event will take place at 6pm on July 5 over the Knebworth venue - with Iron Maiden vocalist Bruce Dickinson serving as one of the pilots.
Bruce said: “The air show over Sonisphere is something I’m really excited about and we’re determined to put on an unforgettable display for everyone.
“We’re planning an extravaganza of derring-do, especially when you consider the manoeuvres we’ll be performing are all based on true-life battles from a hundred years ago.”
Sonisphere organiser Stuart Galbraith said: “We all got very excited when Iron Maiden approached us with this idea. It’s going to be a truly unique experience and tribute for everyone at Knebworth.”
You may also want to watch:
The Prodigy, Iron Maiden and Metallica are all set to headline this year’s line-up.
For further information please visit www.sonisphere.co.uk
- 1 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 2 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 'People power triumphs' as council agrees to change bulky waste collection fees
- 7 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 8 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 9 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 10 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak