WWI aerial dogfight to take place at Knebworth Sonisphere show
- Credit: Archant
An aerial dogfight display will take place during this year’s Sonisphere show.
The event will take place at 6pm on July 5 over the Knebworth venue - with Iron Maiden vocalist Bruce Dickinson serving as one of the pilots.
Bruce said: “The air show over Sonisphere is something I’m really excited about and we’re determined to put on an unforgettable display for everyone.
“We’re planning an extravaganza of derring-do, especially when you consider the manoeuvres we’ll be performing are all based on true-life battles from a hundred years ago.”
Sonisphere organiser Stuart Galbraith said: “We all got very excited when Iron Maiden approached us with this idea. It’s going to be a truly unique experience and tribute for everyone at Knebworth.”
You may also want to watch:
The Prodigy, Iron Maiden and Metallica are all set to headline this year’s line-up.
For further information please visit www.sonisphere.co.uk
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 4 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 5 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 8 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 9 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
- 10 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people