Writing’s on the wall as Graffiti makes its mark with Parnassus in Stevenage fringe session
- Credit: Archant
A poetry collective which has taken part in every Stevenage Festival since its inception steps into the spotlight tomorrow night.
The Urban Graffiti event staged by Parnassus Performance will be in the Ellen Terry Suite at the town’s arts and leisure centre.
The group’s Grant Meaby will be acting as master of ceremonies and introducing six members performing their own original poetry interspersed with musical and comedy interludes.
He said: “Each poet is limited to a strict 15-minute set so that we can hopefully keep it lively and entertaining.
“Join us for an evening of poetry, music and heaven knows what else!”
Performers on the bill include Smokin’ Dick Burns, Pyro & Fran, J. S. Watts, Graeme Lloyd, Joy T. Chance, Sarah & The Powerpuff Boy and Chris Ripple.
Tickets are £5 from www.gordon-craig.co.uk or 01438 363200.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam