Writing’s on the wall as Graffiti makes its mark with Parnassus in Stevenage fringe session
- Credit: Archant
A poetry collective which has taken part in every Stevenage Festival since its inception steps into the spotlight tomorrow night.
The Urban Graffiti event staged by Parnassus Performance will be in the Ellen Terry Suite at the town’s arts and leisure centre.
The group’s Grant Meaby will be acting as master of ceremonies and introducing six members performing their own original poetry interspersed with musical and comedy interludes.
He said: “Each poet is limited to a strict 15-minute set so that we can hopefully keep it lively and entertaining.
“Join us for an evening of poetry, music and heaven knows what else!”
You may also want to watch:
Performers on the bill include Smokin’ Dick Burns, Pyro & Fran, J. S. Watts, Graeme Lloyd, Joy T. Chance, Sarah & The Powerpuff Boy and Chris Ripple.
Tickets are £5 from www.gordon-craig.co.uk or 01438 363200.
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 3 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 4 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 7 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 8 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral