Writing’s on the wall as Graffiti makes its mark with Parnassus in Stevenage fringe session
- Credit: Archant
A poetry collective which has taken part in every Stevenage Festival since its inception steps into the spotlight tomorrow night.
The Urban Graffiti event staged by Parnassus Performance will be in the Ellen Terry Suite at the town’s arts and leisure centre.
The group’s Grant Meaby will be acting as master of ceremonies and introducing six members performing their own original poetry interspersed with musical and comedy interludes.
He said: “Each poet is limited to a strict 15-minute set so that we can hopefully keep it lively and entertaining.
“Join us for an evening of poetry, music and heaven knows what else!”
You may also want to watch:
Performers on the bill include Smokin’ Dick Burns, Pyro & Fran, J. S. Watts, Graeme Lloyd, Joy T. Chance, Sarah & The Powerpuff Boy and Chris Ripple.
Tickets are £5 from www.gordon-craig.co.uk or 01438 363200.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman
- 2 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 3 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 6 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 7 Town's multi-million pound investment is 'once in a generation' opportunity
- 8 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 9 More than £250,000 funding agreed for new Stevenage school