With No One as a Witness by Elizabeth George
THOMAS Lynley, now the star of a successful TV series, is set a daunting new mystery along with his loyal, fiery colleague Barbara Havers. Four youths have been kidnapped, tortured and murdered in London, but their dumped bodies are not identified or link
THOMAS Lynley, now the star of a successful TV series, is set a daunting new mystery along with his loyal, fiery colleague Barbara Havers.
Four youths have been kidnapped, tortured and murdered in London, but their dumped bodies are not identified or linked until the last one is found.
Suddenly Scotland Yard realises there's a serial killer at work and as three of the victims are black or mixed race, the obnoxious Assistant Commissioner fears allegations of institutionalised racism.
The focus is on the Colossus outreach centre as a link between the youths.
You may also want to watch:
Is it really helping youngsters find some sort of purpose in life or is it a cover for sinister and even murderous activities?
George, a writer who has made some unlikely characters thoroughly believable and thoroughly likeable, is in excellent form here.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 6 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour