Send your pictures of vintage vehicles to win family pass to motor show
- Credit: Archant
There’s still time to showcase your pride and joy from yesteryear in the Hertfordshire Motor Show’s photo competition.
We’re looking for your pictures of the classic cars you hold dear, with some to go on display in a marquee over the bank holiday weekend.
All you have to do is send a photo of your vintage vehicle – preferably with you or a family member alongside – to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be showing your images on www.hertsmotorshow.co.uk and in our marquee, but there’s also the chance to win a family pass to the show.
Among the entries so far include Judy Marlow’s 1981 Chevrolet Corvette, a picture of a Ford Galaxy at Brighton Speed Trials by Simon Franks, and a slightly different approach from Mrs Hopper – who sent in a shot of her daughter on her vintage Triang De Dion pedal car which she “loves just the way it is”.
The Hertfordshire Motor Show – where visitors will have the opportunity to view the latest cars from a wide selection of manufacturers – forms part of the larger Knebworth Classic Motor Show, which celebrates its 28th anniversary this year.
You may also want to watch:
The event, held in the grounds of Knebworth House, is set to welcome up to 1,000 classic cars and collectable vehicles on Sunday and Monday, August 26 to 27.
As well as saloons, sports, American, commercial, military and classic vehicles all going on display, there will be a live arena which hosts a series of parades and interviews – together with the famous ‘Decibel Duel’ to find the loudest vehicle.
- 1 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 2 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 'People power triumphs' as council agrees to change bulky waste collection fees
- 7 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 8 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 9 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 10 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
There’s also plenty of activities for families, with admission to the Knebworth Fort and Gardens included in the admission price.
Ian Fray, managing director at ClassicLine Insurance which is this year’s headline sponsor, said: “The Knebworth Classic Motor Show has everything for the perfect day out. There’s plenty for all to enjoy, hundreds of classic cars, a live arena, plus the attraction of the fort and gardens.”
• Unless you have chosen to receive other information from us, Archant Community Media Limited will solely use the data you provide for the purpose of running the competition, including contacting winners and the distribution of any prize. Terms and conditions apply.