Send your pictures of vintage vehicles to win family pass to motor show
- Credit: Archant
There’s still time to showcase your pride and joy from yesteryear in the Hertfordshire Motor Show’s photo competition.
We’re looking for your pictures of the classic cars you hold dear, with some to go on display in a marquee over the bank holiday weekend.
All you have to do is send a photo of your vintage vehicle – preferably with you or a family member alongside – to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be showing your images on www.hertsmotorshow.co.uk and in our marquee, but there’s also the chance to win a family pass to the show.
Among the entries so far include Judy Marlow’s 1981 Chevrolet Corvette, a picture of a Ford Galaxy at Brighton Speed Trials by Simon Franks, and a slightly different approach from Mrs Hopper – who sent in a shot of her daughter on her vintage Triang De Dion pedal car which she “loves just the way it is”.
The Hertfordshire Motor Show – where visitors will have the opportunity to view the latest cars from a wide selection of manufacturers – forms part of the larger Knebworth Classic Motor Show, which celebrates its 28th anniversary this year.
The event, held in the grounds of Knebworth House, is set to welcome up to 1,000 classic cars and collectable vehicles on Sunday and Monday, August 26 to 27.
As well as saloons, sports, American, commercial, military and classic vehicles all going on display, there will be a live arena which hosts a series of parades and interviews – together with the famous ‘Decibel Duel’ to find the loudest vehicle.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 6 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 7 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 9 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 10 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
There’s also plenty of activities for families, with admission to the Knebworth Fort and Gardens included in the admission price.
Ian Fray, managing director at ClassicLine Insurance which is this year’s headline sponsor, said: “The Knebworth Classic Motor Show has everything for the perfect day out. There’s plenty for all to enjoy, hundreds of classic cars, a live arena, plus the attraction of the fort and gardens.”
• Unless you have chosen to receive other information from us, Archant Community Media Limited will solely use the data you provide for the purpose of running the competition, including contacting winners and the distribution of any prize. Terms and conditions apply.