Will Bill get his girl?
THE first night of Me and My Girl and what a superb performance by The Hitchin Thespians! An injured Carl Rutherford brilliantly stars as Bill Snibson, a light-fingered lovable Cockney who turns out to be the heir to the Earldom of Hareford. This is the
THE first night of Me and My Girl and what a superb performance by The Hitchin Thespians! An injured Carl Rutherford brilliantly stars as Bill Snibson, a light-fingered lovable Cockney who turns out to be the heir to the Earldom of Hareford. This is the 1930s and class counts. Maria, Duchess of Dene, played by Maz Greenbank, is the aunt who takes it upon herself to transform him into a "gentleman".
But Bill doesn't want to leave his girlfriend Sally, a marvellous performance by Nerys Martin, but the Duchess has other ideas as does Lady Jaqueline Carstone played by Sami-Jo Latter who, although already betrothed, decides she wants him - or rather his money!
This leads to a delightful seduction scene on the sofa between the saucy Lady Jaqueline and Bill.
But Bill loves Sally and true love will find a way.
You may also want to watch:
Great songs, music, dancers and chorus. An excellent production with an exceptional finale of The Lambeth Walk.
Me and My Girl is playing at the Gordon Craig Theatre until this Saturday, March 11.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 6 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 9 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter
- 10 6 things to do in North Herts during the summer holidays