Will Bill get his girl?
THE first night of Me and My Girl and what a superb performance by The Hitchin Thespians! An injured Carl Rutherford brilliantly stars as Bill Snibson, a light-fingered lovable Cockney who turns out to be the heir to the Earldom of Hareford. This is the
THE first night of Me and My Girl and what a superb performance by The Hitchin Thespians! An injured Carl Rutherford brilliantly stars as Bill Snibson, a light-fingered lovable Cockney who turns out to be the heir to the Earldom of Hareford. This is the 1930s and class counts. Maria, Duchess of Dene, played by Maz Greenbank, is the aunt who takes it upon herself to transform him into a "gentleman".
But Bill doesn't want to leave his girlfriend Sally, a marvellous performance by Nerys Martin, but the Duchess has other ideas as does Lady Jaqueline Carstone played by Sami-Jo Latter who, although already betrothed, decides she wants him - or rather his money!
This leads to a delightful seduction scene on the sofa between the saucy Lady Jaqueline and Bill.
But Bill loves Sally and true love will find a way.
You may also want to watch:
Great songs, music, dancers and chorus. An excellent production with an exceptional finale of The Lambeth Walk.
Me and My Girl is playing at the Gordon Craig Theatre until this Saturday, March 11.
- 1 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 4 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 5 Bringing home the bacon: Martyn's joy at Radio 1 rasher fame
- 6 Man left seriously injured after motorcycle crash
- 7 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof
- 8 Baby boutique born in lockdown welcomes first customers
- 9 Venue loss forces lifeline community group to close
- 10 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses