Who could resist sassy Sister? Stevenage’s feelgood summer show is just around the corner
- Credit: Archant
Starring former ‘Allo! ‘Allo! favourite Arthur Bostrom, the show opens at the Gordon Craig Theatre on Tuesday, August 18.
Featuring original music by Tony and eight-time Oscar winner Alan Menken, this feelgood musical comedy tells the story of Deloris Van Cartier, a wannabe diva whose life takes a surprising turn when she witnesses a crime and the cops hide her in the last place anyone would think to look – a convent.
Under the suspicious watch of Mother Superior, Deloris helps her fellow sisters find their voices as she unexpectedly rediscovers her own.
The summer musical is presented by Gordon Craig In-House Productions, with Michelle Chantelle Hopewell as Deloris and Arthur Bostrom as Monsignor O’Hara.
Arthur will be returning to the Gordon Craig Theatre after appearing in Fatal Encounter last autumn, where he played Inspector Chris Coldwell.
You may also want to watch:
Pippa Winslow takes on the part of Mother Superior in the musical comedy based on the Touchstone Pictures movie Sister Act written by Joseph Howard.
The script comes from multiple Emmys, Golden Globes, BAFTA Awards winners Cheri and Bill Steinkellner, who are most famous for writing/producing Cheers!
- 1 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 2 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 6 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 7 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 8 From Silkin's vision to regeneration: How our town has evolved through the years
- 9 Stevenage celebrates its 75th birthday: Editor's letter
- 10 Fit for a Queen! A look back at Stevenage's royal visits
With touching lyrics written by Glen Slater, who recently won a Grammy and an Oscar for Disney’s Tangled, the award-winning writers have given the creative team at the Gordon Craig Theatre a perfect platform to produce a summer smash hit.
A sparkling tribute to the universal power of friendship, the musical runs at the Lytton Way theatre until Sunday, August 29.
There are 18 performance during the production’s run, with matinees at 2.30pm and evening shows at 7.30pm, other than Friday, August 21 when there are shows at 5pm and 9pm. Expect dazzling costumes, sensational singers and an amazing live orchestra.
Call the Gordon Craig’s box office team on 01438 363 200 for tickets. Prices vary depending on the performance.