Where Are We Going? – Walkern hosts touring UK exhibition
A PRINTMAKER and a poet have combined for an exhibition which is touring the UK.
Lilley resident Kim Major-George is showcasing her hand-pulled collograph print alongside poetry by Steve Thorp at Walkern Gallery after opening to the public on Monday.
Part of the Herts Open Studios, the exhibition visits Walkern on the third leg of a tour which will incorporate galleries across the UK.
Entitled Where Are We Going? the artwork on display aims to highlight the need to replace the unsustainable models and use our advanced technology to create a more cohesive civilisation.
“I come from a spiritual but pragmatic view of the global shift that is taking place throughout 2012 and beyond and the constant themes of finding new ways to fulfil man’s spiritual and material needs dominate my new work,” said Kim. Steve added: “There’s a necessity for integration and indignation, for dialogue, uncertainty and courage. There’s a simple need for people to face what is lost, live good and creative lives and to be the change we want in the world. This is what these visual poems are about. It is, at once, a meditation, a lamentation and a gentle call to arms.”
Where Are We Going? runs from 10am to 5pm until September 30 at the gallery in Walkern High Street. For more information call 01462 769024.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 4 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 8 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?