What Katie’s creator did next - he came to Hitchin for art club session
- Credit: Archant
He’ll be a familiar face to many youngsters, but now the grown-ups get a chance to find out more about artist James Mayhew’s work.
The author and illustrator featured in last month’s Hertfordshire schools music gala at London’s Royal Albert Hall.
One of his best-known creations is the Katie series, introducing children to some of the masterpieces on show in the National Gallery through a linked story.
The books have proved so popular the gallery has introduced a whole range of Katie products to its gift shop – and James is also the creative force behind another hit with young fans, Ella Bella Ballerina.
He regularly visits schools to talk about his work, but he will have an older audience when he is the special guest at the next meeting of Hitchin Art Club on Tuesday, April 19, from 7.30pm.
Tickets for the session at Kingshott School in Stevenage Road, Hitchin, from 7.30pm are £2 members, £4 for guests. Find out more at www.hitchinartclub.co.uk.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 3 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 4 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 7 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 8 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?