Welsh Springsteen in Hitchin
“ONE of music’s most arresting artists” ends the season at Hitchin Folk Club
Charismatic Welsh singer-songwriter Martyn Joseph will be at The Sun Hotel on Sunday June 13, for the club’s last gig before the summer break.
Club promoter Keiron Jones said: “Martyn is a performer like no other – shades of Springsteen and Knopfler there may be – but he stands in his own right with a reputation for giving what thousands have described as the best live music experience of their lives.
“One of music’s most arresting artists, the Welsh singer-songwriter has been in demand on both sides of the Atlantic for over two decades. Martin’s 25 year career has embraced some notable achievements including five Top 50 UK chart positions, with such songs as Dolphins Make Me Cry, Working Mother and Let’s Talk About it in the Morning, and appearances and tours with Suzanne Vega, Marc Cohn, Joan Armatrading, Runrig, Clannad, Chris de Burgh, Art Garfunkel, Jools Holland and even Celine Dion and Shirley Bassey.
“He has won fans everywhere with his uncanny fusion of material - feisty, pull no punches, big issue numbers alongside stripped bare love songs. Martin’s particular strength is in the lyrical narrative of his songs, be they contemporary protests against injustice and inhumanity, a musical psalm to the fulfilment and fragilities of love, or a piercing pr�cis of social history,
You may also want to watch:
“In this manner he carries on in the tradition of the six string balladeer as both catalyst and interpreter of our raddled and rewarding times, our personal and communal stories sung out loud in the spirit of Woody Guthrie, Ewan MacColl, Hank Williams and Bruce Springsteen.”
Over half the tickets for the gig have been sold, so be quick and contact email@example.com
- 1 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 2 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 5 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 6 Have you seen wanted Stevenage man?
- 7 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 8 Unbeaten run over but Alex Revell disappointed with manner of Salford defeat
- 9 Complaints about Stevenage beauty store made to national fraud agency
- 10 Electrical store reopening with competition to win free 50-inch TV