Weekend of reels and jigs to celebrate St Patrick
A weekend of Irish music is in offer as celebrations for St Patricks Day get underway.
Jigs, reels and sing-a-longs are promised by Hitchin-based Celtic Krytal when they play three gigs on what they called “St Patrick’s Day Eve” (are things getting out of hand?) and then on St Patrick’s Day itself.
Friday evening’s gig is at The Buck’s Head in Little Wymondley, while on Saturday they will first be at The Boot in Baldock from 3pm to 5pm before going on to The Victoria in Hitchin to finish off the day from 8.30pm.
On Sunday one of Belfast’s foremost exponents of traditional Irish music will be in Hitchin as the St Patrick’s Day celebrations continue.
Playing a wide range of instruments, including banjo, fiddle, mandolin, uilleann pipes, flute, tin whistle, guitar as well as singing, Craobh Rua have a passion for the musical heritage of the island which they will bring to Hitchin Folk Club.
You may also want to watch:
Club organiser Keiron Jones said their playing is impeccable.
“Their music has delighted audiences and earned them wide acclaim. They bring their own individual experience to the group and fues their talents to bring life to a wide an array of instruments. Craobh Rua take a refreshing, unpretentious but uncommonly skilled run at some of the greatest music in the world.”
- 1 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 2 Fun fair set for town centre following April 12 reopening
- 3 "The most important lesson I've learned is to not give up" - Stevenage girl pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh Awards
- 4 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage
- 5 Who are our Stevenage candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 6 Early start catches Stevenage sleeping as Mansfield claim the three points
- 7 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 8 Rave reviews come flying in as glam bar welcomes back first clients after months of lockdown
- 9 Stevenage and Jack Smith still aiming for strong finish to season despite Mansfield frustrations
- 10 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
Tickets for The Sun Hotel gig are �12 or �10 for members.