Weekend of reels and jigs to celebrate St Patrick
A weekend of Irish music is in offer as celebrations for St Patricks Day get underway.
Jigs, reels and sing-a-longs are promised by Hitchin-based Celtic Krytal when they play three gigs on what they called “St Patrick’s Day Eve” (are things getting out of hand?) and then on St Patrick’s Day itself.
Friday evening’s gig is at The Buck’s Head in Little Wymondley, while on Saturday they will first be at The Boot in Baldock from 3pm to 5pm before going on to The Victoria in Hitchin to finish off the day from 8.30pm.
On Sunday one of Belfast’s foremost exponents of traditional Irish music will be in Hitchin as the St Patrick’s Day celebrations continue.
Playing a wide range of instruments, including banjo, fiddle, mandolin, uilleann pipes, flute, tin whistle, guitar as well as singing, Craobh Rua have a passion for the musical heritage of the island which they will bring to Hitchin Folk Club.
You may also want to watch:
Club organiser Keiron Jones said their playing is impeccable.
“Their music has delighted audiences and earned them wide acclaim. They bring their own individual experience to the group and fues their talents to bring life to a wide an array of instruments. Craobh Rua take a refreshing, unpretentious but uncommonly skilled run at some of the greatest music in the world.”
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 5 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 6 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 7 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 8 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 9 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 10 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
Tickets for The Sun Hotel gig are �12 or �10 for members.