We’re all helping The Haven – come along to Stevenage variety gig next week and you can help, too
- Credit: Archant
Come along and help us to help The Haven – that’s the call from talented performers who will be on the bill at a Stevenage Festival show at the town’s Nobel School campus next week.
The Haven Variety Show on Thursday will be staged at the Stevenage Music Centre at Nobel’s Chells site in Mobbsbury Way.
The show has arranged to support The Haven, whose new hostel for the homeless is nearing completion in the town’s Ditchmore Lane and which also operates the North Herts Sanctuary in Hitchin.
Performing on the night will be acoustic songstress Jasmine Donovan, velvet-voiced Tai Isabella, rising rappers Azzer, DL, Woody and Poodle, award-winning musical theatre singer Hattie Eason, Hitchin-based acoustic ace Mark Sullivan, timeless crooner Tina Rivera, the fantastic Warriorz Dance Academy and many more.
Tickets are £10 from Practice Roomz Studio in the Old Town (01438 488681), Bare Bones Studio in Pin Green (01438 365140) and Tornado Event Hire in Chells (0845 226 9353/01438 353042. The evening starts at 7pm and there will be a licensed bar.
You may also want to watch:
Dimitri Kardana of Pure & Peak Promotions, which is putting the show together, said: “It’s been an absolute honour to work with such amazing talent during the organisation of this show.
“Pure & Peak director Collin Francis and I are really looking forward to the show and helping to raise awareness of the work that The Haven and all its staff and volunteers do – especially considering that Collin is a former resident of The Haven and is the man that he is today because of them.”
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs