Waxing lyrical over technique artist Phil has made his own for Letchworth Settlement workshop session
- Credit: Archant
The team at Letchworth Settlement are trying to tempt new faces across the threshold by hosting different talks and presentations.
On Monday next week artist Phil Madley is hosting a talk and demonstration on encaustic wax art, a technique that dates back to the ancient Egyptians.
Herts-based Phil is an expert in this type of art and will be producing several different paintings using a hot iron and coloured waxes.
The session runs from 1.30pm to 3.30pm and costs just £9.
If you’re captivated by the demo, Phil will be back at the Nevells Road community base for a workshop on Friday, March 18, from 10am until 4pm (£38 including all materials).
You may also want to watch:
Phil will start with a demonstration and then help pupils create unique pieces of art using an iron, scriber and heated stylus with coloured waxes.
Find out about other events at the Settlement by calling 01462 682828 or visiting www.letchworthsettlement.org.uk.
- 1 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 2 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 3 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage