Waxing lyrical over technique artist Phil has made his own for Letchworth Settlement workshop session
- Credit: Archant
The team at Letchworth Settlement are trying to tempt new faces across the threshold by hosting different talks and presentations.
On Monday next week artist Phil Madley is hosting a talk and demonstration on encaustic wax art, a technique that dates back to the ancient Egyptians.
Herts-based Phil is an expert in this type of art and will be producing several different paintings using a hot iron and coloured waxes.
The session runs from 1.30pm to 3.30pm and costs just £9.
If you’re captivated by the demo, Phil will be back at the Nevells Road community base for a workshop on Friday, March 18, from 10am until 4pm (£38 including all materials).
You may also want to watch:
Phil will start with a demonstration and then help pupils create unique pieces of art using an iron, scriber and heated stylus with coloured waxes.
Find out about other events at the Settlement by calling 01462 682828 or visiting www.letchworthsettlement.org.uk.
- 1 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 2 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 3 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 4 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 5 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 6 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 7 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 8 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 9 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 10 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth