Waxing lyrical over technique artist Phil has made his own for Letchworth Settlement workshop session
- Credit: Archant
The team at Letchworth Settlement are trying to tempt new faces across the threshold by hosting different talks and presentations.
On Monday next week artist Phil Madley is hosting a talk and demonstration on encaustic wax art, a technique that dates back to the ancient Egyptians.
Herts-based Phil is an expert in this type of art and will be producing several different paintings using a hot iron and coloured waxes.
The session runs from 1.30pm to 3.30pm and costs just £9.
If you’re captivated by the demo, Phil will be back at the Nevells Road community base for a workshop on Friday, March 18, from 10am until 4pm (£38 including all materials).
Phil will start with a demonstration and then help pupils create unique pieces of art using an iron, scriber and heated stylus with coloured waxes.
Find out about other events at the Settlement by calling 01462 682828 or visiting www.letchworthsettlement.org.uk.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 10 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas