War Horse coming to Letchworth Broadway Cinema screen for Remembrance Day
- Credit: Brinkhoff & Mögenburg
The National Theatre Live broadcast of War Horse will return to the cinema in Letchworth this November for Remembrance Day.
The Broadway Cinema is among the venues set to screen the unforgettable Olivier and Tony Award-winning theatrical production.
Based on Michael Morpurgo’s novel and adapted for the stage by Nick Stafford, War Horse can be seen in the garden city on Wednesday, November 11.
War Horse takes audiences on an extraordinary journey from the fields of rural Devon to the trenches of First World War France.
NT Live works with more than 2,500 cinemas in 60 countries, including 700 cinemas across the UK, including the Broadway in Eastcheap.
You may also want to watch:
War Horse will be released for a limited period as part of a slate of 11 National Theatre Live titles on offer in cinemas this autumn, which also includes Frankenstein, Coriolanus, Present Laughter, Fleabag with Phoebe Waller-Bridge, and Cyrano de Bergerac.
Lisa Burger, joint chief executive of the National Theatre, said: “We are so pleased to be able to support our cinema partners during what continues to be an extremely difficult time for the industry.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 4 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 5 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 6 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 7 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 8 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof
“They have worked tirelessly to ensure safety is a priority but without content to broadcast and support from audiences they face a very tough future.
“War Horse is such an NT classic, showcasing the creativity and magic of theatre and we hope that the opportunity to watch it or the 10 other classic NT Live titles we are broadcasting will encourage people to make a visit to their local cinema.
“Of the more than 700 UK cinemas showing NT Live, 400 of those are independent cinemas, which, along with local theatres, are often at the heart of communities.
“At a time when live performance is scarce and much missed due to the ongoing impact of COVID-19, we aim to continue to bring the best of British theatre to cinema audiences around the country.”
The winner of more than 25 international awards, including the Tony Award for Best Play on Broadway, War Horse tells the story of a young boy called Albert and his horse Joey, set against the backdrop of the First World War.
This powerfully moving and imaginative drama is filled with stirring music and songs, featuring ground-breaking puppetry work by South Africa’s Handspring Puppet Company, which brings breathing, galloping horses to life on stage.
For more, visit www.broadway-letchworth.com