Want all the Rhythms news for Hitchin’s summer festival at your fingertips? There’s an app for that...
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of next month’s Rhythms of the World festival are making sure that switched-on music fans will be kept in the picture about everything going on over a packed weekend – by launching an iTunes app which will flag up the full two day programme across the stages at Hitchin Priory.
It’s the first time that the festival has turned to touch-screen phone and tablet technology in this way, to offer a stage by stage run down of the 125 acts performing at the festival as well as ticket information and festival opening times.
It’s designed to be used in conjunction with the event programme which will be available in local ticket outlets from Saturday.
Festival head of communications Tracy Lane said: “This mobile phone app is something we’ve been keen to have for some years, but we’ve never had the technological know-how within the team to achieve it.
“We’re delighted that one of the communications team volunteers, Peter Lloyd, has stepped forward this year to take this project forward.’
Anyone who joined the crowds at last year’s festival is being encouraged to go online and spot themselves in the latest ROTW film produced by Hitchin firm Film Infinity.
It features last summer’s festival-goers explaining why they love Rhythms of the World. Tracy said: “If you spot yourself, please share the video by social media and tag yourself.”
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 9 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
Cath Cole, who is in charge of securing sponsorship for the annual festival, said: “We’re really lucky that Film Infinity choose to support ROTW each year by producing a high quality film to showcase the festival.
“Last year we had an idea to feature as many festival-goers as possible and this is the result. We really hope people will share it online and enjoy their moment in the spotlight.”
The mobile phone app can be found by searching Rhythms of the World or ROTW in the iTunes store or by clicking here
The film can be seen online at www.rotw.org.uk/film and you can find out more about Film Infinity hereRhythms of the World will be held at Hitchin Priory on Saturday and Sunday, June 20 and 21 2015. Tickets are on sale now in local outlets and online. You can keep in touch with all the latest news about the festival on Twitter @ROTWfestival or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/rotwfestival.