Walter J Wallis carnage at The Vic
Fuzzed out dirty rocking blues will turn The Vic into a heady 60s funk out for an August bank holiday special.
Madly-bearded, moon-eyed singer Sir Walter J Wallis and his band mix up a swamp cocktail of love, longing and loud-as-a-loon driving bass, guitar and drums.
Playing songs from his albums The Road To Burlesque, Souls Of The City, and soon to be released Ukedelia and New Songs From Easy Town, Wally
promises he is “going acoustic early and turning on the valves later” at the free gig at The Victoria in Hitchin on Saturday 25.
Wally added the show will be delivered “on a plate of carnage, garnished with feedback using elements of blues, funk and soul, underscored by a fierce rock sound. The evening will feature special guests and a journey to the unknown – anyone for a ride?”
You may also want to watch:
Hold that door open missy, I’m catching that train…
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 4 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 5 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 6 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 7 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 8 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre