Variety show moves from Letchworth to Hitchin
A VARIETY group is gearing up for its annual show and will be changing venue for the first time in almost 30 years.
North Herts group Variety Express will be holding this year’s event at the Queen Mother Theatre in Hitchin, having performed at Plinston in Letchworth GC since the venue opened in 1982.
The group’s night of dance, comedy and song will take place at the theatre in Walsworth Road as Plinston is currently unavailable for performance purposes.
As well as a new venue, Variety Express also has a new format this year with the show set on a cruise liner, the audience as passengers and the cast as passengers and crew.
Evening performances at 7.30pm run from Wednesday, October 24, to Saturday, October 27, with a 2pm matinee show also taking place on the final night.
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds from the show will go to charity, with more than �100,000 raise for good causes since the group’s formation.
Tickets are �8 or �6 for concessions at �6 and are available via 01438 223461.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 5 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 8 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Treble for Codi Lee-Spavins and three points for Stotfold in victory over Letchworth
For more details about Variety Express visit www.varietyexpress.org.uk