Variety show moves from Letchworth to Hitchin
A VARIETY group is gearing up for its annual show and will be changing venue for the first time in almost 30 years.
North Herts group Variety Express will be holding this year’s event at the Queen Mother Theatre in Hitchin, having performed at Plinston in Letchworth GC since the venue opened in 1982.
The group’s night of dance, comedy and song will take place at the theatre in Walsworth Road as Plinston is currently unavailable for performance purposes.
As well as a new venue, Variety Express also has a new format this year with the show set on a cruise liner, the audience as passengers and the cast as passengers and crew.
Evening performances at 7.30pm run from Wednesday, October 24, to Saturday, October 27, with a 2pm matinee show also taking place on the final night.
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds from the show will go to charity, with more than �100,000 raise for good causes since the group’s formation.
Tickets are �8 or �6 for concessions at �6 and are available via 01438 223461.
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 6 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 7 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 8 Professional artist born out of school lockdown project
- 9 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 10 Historic school to close at end of academic year
For more details about Variety Express visit www.varietyexpress.org.uk