Variety show moves from Letchworth to Hitchin
A VARIETY group is gearing up for its annual show and will be changing venue for the first time in almost 30 years.
North Herts group Variety Express will be holding this year’s event at the Queen Mother Theatre in Hitchin, having performed at Plinston in Letchworth GC since the venue opened in 1982.
The group’s night of dance, comedy and song will take place at the theatre in Walsworth Road as Plinston is currently unavailable for performance purposes.
As well as a new venue, Variety Express also has a new format this year with the show set on a cruise liner, the audience as passengers and the cast as passengers and crew.
Evening performances at 7.30pm run from Wednesday, October 24, to Saturday, October 27, with a 2pm matinee show also taking place on the final night.
Proceeds from the show will go to charity, with more than �100,000 raise for good causes since the group’s formation.
Tickets are �8 or �6 for concessions at �6 and are available via 01438 223461.
- 1 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 2 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 3 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 4 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 5 Driver hospitalised with ‘serious injuries’ following crash in Hitchin
- 6 Parents' anger as possible school redundancies loom amid academy transition
- 7 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 8 Vauxhall flips onto roof in crash with Mercedes in Letchworth
- 9 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 10 Man in his 80s seriously injured after Honda crash in Stevenage
For more details about Variety Express visit www.varietyexpress.org.uk