Variety Express aces take a deserved bow after their smash hit show brings in £3,000 box office bonus for two North Herts charities
- Credit: Archant
A blockbuster bonus for two good causes has been handed over thanks to a North Herts performance group’s latest success.
This year’s annual Variety Express charity show at St Francis College Theatre, Letchworth, took the theme At The Movies.
Spokesman Diane Humberstone said: “Many audience members said that it had been the best show ever.
“The cast and crew thoroughly enjoyed every minute and are sorry it’s all over for another year!”
At The Movies, featuring a unique mix of song, dance and comedy, was dedicated to Ron Keech who passed away after a short illness not long after last year’s show.
You may also want to watch:
Diane said: “Ron was our sound engineer for more than 30 years, a loving husband to costume mistress Glynis and a great friend and support to everyone. He was greatly missed.
“We would like to thank Ron’s friends and colleagues, Paul and Michelle Harlock, for stepping in and providing the sound this year, a job very well done.”
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 4 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 5 Stevenage through and through - nine generations of family see town transformed
- 6 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
Thanks to bumper box office takings the group has been able to donate £1,500 each to two local charities – Crossroads Care Hertfordshire North and the Letchworth-based Hertfordshire Multiple Sclerosis Centre.
To get involved with the group visit the website at www.varietyexpress.org.uk.