Urban spaceman Jerry adds an extra outer space element to Stevenage Symphony Orchestra show this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A scientist known as the urban spaceman will be the special guest at this weekend’s Stevenage Symphony Orchestra family concert.
Jerry Stone is an expert on astronomy and the solar system who is often seen on TV.
He is also the author of the book One Small Step, commemorating the first men to reach the moon.
He will be showing items from his extensive collection of space material and taking part in activities with children at Sunday’s Nobel School event which will feature music from Star Wars, ET, Star Trek and many others.
Children are invited to dress up for the space-related theme or as their favourite space or science fiction character to get in free for the 3pm performance.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets will be available on the door – £6 for adults and £3 for children.
You can find out more about the orchestra’s programme online at www.stevenagesymphony.org.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 3 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 10 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour