Urban Pride in Stevenage MCs
A group of 16 young urban artists is being nurtured by a new promotions company aiming to break them into the music industry.
The Stevenage-based Pride Entertainment was set up in December and has already helped the singers, rappers and musicians to professionally record their original music as well as create promo photos and videos.
Founder member Vincent Bramble aka rapper Vincenzo selected the Stevenage artists, aged between 14 and 22, and runs the development programme alongside photographer Joanne Raith-Riches at the MBA Association Youth Community Buiding at The Oval.
Joanne said the initiative was set up to provide as much professional guidance and technical help as possible to get their music to the public and to industry figures.
“There is a lack of any help for young people in Stevenage to get involved in something as big and difficult as the music industry,” she said. “We meet every week and help them develop their skills in singing, rapping and making beats. They release their own music and we create the videos and web pages for them.
“These guys are working so hard, some of them still at school or college as well as working. We are so proud of them.”
The group has a website (theprideent.moonfruit.com) as well as facebook and YouTube pages (/theprideent, /theprideent1) where their music and videos are uploaded.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 4 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 7 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 8 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 9 End of an era? Future of Crucial Crew scheme relies on new co-ordinators
- 10 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
A mixtape featuring all 16 artists – Rot B, Picazzo, Evo, Masta T, K9, Young Wave, Double L, Lil J, SK, Liam Toomey, Puppa H, Ollie Wise, Flex, Nightz, Junior Ace and Ahsan - is due out in the summer.
To see the collective live get along to the MBA centre on July 28 from 7pm – the first of a regular monthly session which will also feature open mic slots for other artists to perform.
Joanne said: “We want artists to come in and show what they’ve got as well. Everyone can then share ideas and music.”