Two familiar faces from highbrow TV are booked in for Spirella chat sessions in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
There’s a busy week in prospect for the team at Letchworth’s David’s Bookshop, with two big name authors coming to town.
First up is architectural historian Dan Cruickshank who will be talking about his new History of Architecture In 100 Buildings at the town’s Spirella Ballroom next Tuesday, October 20, at 7.30pm.
It’s a book for dipping in and out of, but there’s no doubt about the depth of knowledge on display and the connections between apparently unrelated cultures are eye-opening.
Tickets are £25 and include a copy of the hardback book or £30 for a pair of tickets and one book.
You can book by calling the Eastcheap shop on 01462 684631 for pairs of tickets, with singles available from dancruickshank.eventbrite.com.
Dan will be followed by former national newspaper editor and war correspondent Max Hastings, who has penned a critically-acclaimed book about Second World War espionage.
You may also want to watch:
He will be talking about The Secret War – Spies, Codes and Guerrillas 1939-1945, and signing copies at the same Spirella venue on Thursday, October 22, again from 7.30pm.
The book doesn’t just examine the success stories from the Allied side, it also looks at the spy set-up in Germany, Russia and Japan and shows how every nation sought to make the most of secret knowledge to gain the upper hand.
- 1 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 2 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 3 New mass COVID-19 vaccine centre opens in Letchworth
- 4 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 5 £10,000 fine handed to organisers of remembrance service that saw 150 attendees
- 6 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 7 Family call on government to lower age of bowel cancer screenings after mum's death
- 8 Teenager charged with assisting offenders after Stevenage man's death
- 9 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 10 Family shares heartfelt tribute to 'wonderful son and father' Christopher
Tickets are £5, which will be deducted from the £30 cost of the book if you buy one on the night.
Book online at hastingsmax.eventbrite.com or call the shop for more details.