TV classic marches on to the stage
TV FAVOURITE Dad s Army is back in a stage version of the classic at The Queen Mother Theatre in Hitchin. The original BBC TV series first screened in 1968 soon became a comedy classic, running for nearly 10 years and capturing the hearts of millions with
TV FAVOURITE Dad's Army is back in a stage version of the classic at The Queen Mother Theatre in Hitchin.
The original BBC TV series first screened in 1968 soon became a comedy classic, running for nearly 10 years and capturing the hearts of millions with its gentle, timeless humour and bulldog spirit.
Recreated for the stage, this lavish new production breathes new life into the misadventures of the Home Guard platoon in their fictional south coast town of Walmington-on-Sea.
The show takes place at 7.45pm from February 25 to March 1.
Tickets are £9, or £8 for concessions on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and all tickets on Mondays are £5.
On February 29 it is the theatre's 25th anniversary gala night and a black tie event. Tickets are £15 and the show starts at 7pm.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Symonds Green development raises the number of social homes in Stevenage
Tickets are available from the box office on 01462 455166 or online at www.queenmothertheatre.org.uk