TV classic marches on to the stage
TV FAVOURITE Dad s Army is back in a stage version of the classic at The Queen Mother Theatre in Hitchin. The original BBC TV series first screened in 1968 soon became a comedy classic, running for nearly 10 years and capturing the hearts of millions with
TV FAVOURITE Dad's Army is back in a stage version of the classic at The Queen Mother Theatre in Hitchin.
The original BBC TV series first screened in 1968 soon became a comedy classic, running for nearly 10 years and capturing the hearts of millions with its gentle, timeless humour and bulldog spirit.
Recreated for the stage, this lavish new production breathes new life into the misadventures of the Home Guard platoon in their fictional south coast town of Walmington-on-Sea.
The show takes place at 7.45pm from February 25 to March 1.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £9, or £8 for concessions on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and all tickets on Mondays are £5.
On February 29 it is the theatre's 25th anniversary gala night and a black tie event. Tickets are £15 and the show starts at 7pm.
- 1 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 3 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 4 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 5 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 10 Praise for hat-trick hero Codi Lee-Spavins from delighted Stotfold boss
Tickets are available from the box office on 01462 455166 or online at www.queenmothertheatre.org.uk