TV classic marches on to the stage
TV FAVOURITE Dad s Army is back in a stage version of the classic at The Queen Mother Theatre in Hitchin. The original BBC TV series first screened in 1968 soon became a comedy classic, running for nearly 10 years and capturing the hearts of millions with
TV FAVOURITE Dad's Army is back in a stage version of the classic at The Queen Mother Theatre in Hitchin.
The original BBC TV series first screened in 1968 soon became a comedy classic, running for nearly 10 years and capturing the hearts of millions with its gentle, timeless humour and bulldog spirit.
Recreated for the stage, this lavish new production breathes new life into the misadventures of the Home Guard platoon in their fictional south coast town of Walmington-on-Sea.
The show takes place at 7.45pm from February 25 to March 1.
Tickets are £9, or £8 for concessions on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and all tickets on Mondays are £5.
On February 29 it is the theatre's 25th anniversary gala night and a black tie event. Tickets are £15 and the show starts at 7pm.
- 1 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
- 2 Missing 25-year-old last seen in Coreys Mill Lane found in Stevenage
- 3 Get ready to geek out as a new gaming café comes to Stevenage
- 4 Neighbours set to host Jubilee street party in aid of hospice - and you can too!
- 5 Spaceship 'landing' at school grabs Prime Minister's attention
- 6 Pedestrian seriously injured after crash near Lister Hospital in Stevenage
- 7 New avenue of trees planted in Hitchin's Bancroft
- 8 Protesters 'selfish' as grandad struggles to attend life-saving care
- 9 Year-long car park closure as construction for new multi-storey set to begin
- 10 Nuns spotted in Stevenage as Lytton Players prepare to put on Sister Act at Gordon Craig Theatre
Tickets are available from the box office on 01462 455166 or online at www.queenmothertheatre.org.uk