TV classic marches on to the stage
TV FAVOURITE Dad s Army is back in a stage version of the classic at The Queen Mother Theatre in Hitchin. The original BBC TV series first screened in 1968 soon became a comedy classic, running for nearly 10 years and capturing the hearts of millions with
TV FAVOURITE Dad's Army is back in a stage version of the classic at The Queen Mother Theatre in Hitchin.
The original BBC TV series first screened in 1968 soon became a comedy classic, running for nearly 10 years and capturing the hearts of millions with its gentle, timeless humour and bulldog spirit.
Recreated for the stage, this lavish new production breathes new life into the misadventures of the Home Guard platoon in their fictional south coast town of Walmington-on-Sea.
The show takes place at 7.45pm from February 25 to March 1.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £9, or £8 for concessions on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and all tickets on Mondays are £5.
On February 29 it is the theatre's 25th anniversary gala night and a black tie event. Tickets are £15 and the show starts at 7pm.
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 6 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 7 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 8 Professional artist born out of school lockdown project
- 9 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 10 Historic school to close at end of academic year
Tickets are available from the box office on 01462 455166 or online at www.queenmothertheatre.org.uk