Tubries play Club 85 this Friday
- Credit: Archant
Alternative rock band The Tubries are playing Hitchin’s Club 85 on Friday (Febraury 28).
Since forming in 2008 they say they have gradually developed their sound from each member’s vastly different musical preferences.
Guitarist Lloyd James said: “We’ve been working really hard and our fan base does seem to be growing, slowly but surely.
“I think our music shows a really varied musical style with a great deal of consideration given to each individual instrument’s role. It’s important to us that the band is working as a team rather than just four people who are trying to show themselves off individually.”
The group will receive support from Essex-based punk quintet Trash Monroe and up-and-coming Stevenage-based indie group Young Minorities.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 6.45pm with a £5 entry fee. Visit www.club-85.co.uk for more information.
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 5 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 6 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 7 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 8 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 9 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 10 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk