Travel back to the 70s in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
IT PRODUCED some of the biggest names in music, and now it’s time to relive the 70s again.
The aptly named I Love The 70s will be at the Gordon Craig this week, showcasing a diverse mix of music from the decade.
From rock and disco, to pop, glam and punk, writers have made sure all genres are covered.
Speaking to the Comet ahead of the show, cast member Jane Ellis-Forshaw said: “It’s quite a generic show and covers all different aspects of the 70s.
“It’s a lively show, very energetic, with sparkly costumes, special effects and obviously the music.
“Hopefully, there’s something in there for everyone.”
Music from some of the world’s greatest musical artists are featured, including Blondie, Abba, Bay City Rollers, Sweet, T Rex, David Bowie, and Donna Summer.
- 1 Teenager was ‘murdered on way home from prom’ in Stevenage
- 2 Eighteen-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder in Stevenage
- 3 Police cordon in place after man suffers ‘serious injuries’ in Stevenage
- 4 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 7 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 8 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
- 9 Faulty lift leaves disabled Stevenage residents forced to climb 12-storey block of flats for six weeks
- 10 See inside this stunning £1.15m Grade II listed barn conversion
Tickets for the event, which will be held on Thursday from 7.45pm, can be bought from www.gordon-craig.co.uk
They cost £17.50.