Town buzzing ahead of Letchworth Festival
A TOWN festival launches tomorrow (Friday) boasting a packed programme of more than 100 events.
Letchworth Festival kicks off at 3pm with a family tea party in the garden of Letchworth Museum before a further 16 days of activities which will be celebrating town life.
Coinciding with the launch will be Letchworth Street Fest on Saturday as the town centre comes alive from 11am to 10pm with music, dance, street theatre and comedy. Among the highlights on the day will be the chance to meet Tiny, a 125 million-year-old dinosaur who has been brought to life with the help of modern science.
Running until June 24 with finale Proms in the Park at Howard Park, the annual festival has a whole host of entertainment, with a mixture of free events, art, music, drama and films, as well as specialist group offerings.
“Thanks to the willingness of local organisations to get involved, we are sure this is going to be the best festival yet,” said Ann Pegrum, chairman of the festival steering committee.
You may also want to watch:
“We have over 100 events in the 17 days featuring many clubs, societies and organisations. There seems to be quite a buzz around the town already.”
For full details pick up a programme in the town centre at the tourist information centre or at David’s Bookshop. Alternatively visit www.letchworthfestival.org
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 4 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 App launched to promote shopping at local businesses
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 The hidden history of Hitchin's disappeared pubs