Tour set to end in style
DING DONG merrily, I m on a high. Christmas is here folks (well, almost) and if you check out the Beats n Pieces section you will see there are plenty of Christmas gigs going on in and around Comet country. If you re after something a little bit differe
DING DONG merrily, I'm on a high.
Christmas is here folks (well, almost) and if you check out the Beats 'n' Pieces section you will see there are plenty of Christmas gigs going on in and around Comet country.
If you're after something a little bit different, a little bit darker even, then scurry on down to Club 85 in Hitchin tonight (Thursday) for Style. Suicide. Club's Nightmare Before Christmas party.
Run by My Passion, with a few of their chums, it's the band's last date on their UK tour and in addition to using visuals from Tim Burton's classic film, there will also be beautifully dressed people, part music, and a few dangling skeletons to make this a fun night out.
And, in addition to the hosts, Ready Steady Clothes, Model Horror and Linda's Nephew will also be performing.
Next year the Passion are due to have a single out in the spring with a full UK release on their own label, but before that Laurence from the band spoke to The Comet about their recent UK tour.
- 1 Teenager was ‘murdered on way home from prom’ in Stevenage
- 2 Eighteen-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder in Stevenage
- 3 Police cordon in place after man suffers ‘serious injuries’ in Stevenage
- 4 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Plans for new Stevenage secondary school raise concerns
- 7 See inside this stunning £1.15m Grade II listed barn conversion
- 8 Cash stolen in Stevenage car break-ins
- 9 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 10 Stevenage supermarket may have double-charged customers
"Well, the tour we called 'The Fabulous Blood Disco' has been really amazing.
"It has taken in around 30 venues from Bristol in the West Country to Manchester in the north, and from Hampshire to the Midlands.
"But the real highlight [what, better than Manchester? - Damion] was reaching the continent and playing in Paris and Barcelona.
"I suppose being able to go and play your music to great crowds in your favourite cities is something most bands dream about so I'm so glad we have achieved that this year.
"Our cosy Ford Transit (tour bus) has racked up many hundreds of miles and has seen blizzards, mini tornadoes and blistering freakish October heatwaves.
"The new year will bring a new single or two out on our officially registered Style Suicide label, and there will be more tours, videos, merchandise, parties, riots and electroshocking rock songs!