Tour set to end in style
DING DONG merrily, I m on a high. Christmas is here folks (well, almost) and if you check out the Beats n Pieces section you will see there are plenty of Christmas gigs going on in and around Comet country. If you re after something a little bit differe
DING DONG merrily, I'm on a high.
Christmas is here folks (well, almost) and if you check out the Beats 'n' Pieces section you will see there are plenty of Christmas gigs going on in and around Comet country.
If you're after something a little bit different, a little bit darker even, then scurry on down to Club 85 in Hitchin tonight (Thursday) for Style. Suicide. Club's Nightmare Before Christmas party.
Run by My Passion, with a few of their chums, it's the band's last date on their UK tour and in addition to using visuals from Tim Burton's classic film, there will also be beautifully dressed people, part music, and a few dangling skeletons to make this a fun night out.
You may also want to watch:
And, in addition to the hosts, Ready Steady Clothes, Model Horror and Linda's Nephew will also be performing.
Next year the Passion are due to have a single out in the spring with a full UK release on their own label, but before that Laurence from the band spoke to The Comet about their recent UK tour.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 4 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 5 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 6 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 7 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 8 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof
"Well, the tour we called 'The Fabulous Blood Disco' has been really amazing.
"It has taken in around 30 venues from Bristol in the West Country to Manchester in the north, and from Hampshire to the Midlands.
"But the real highlight [what, better than Manchester? - Damion] was reaching the continent and playing in Paris and Barcelona.
"I suppose being able to go and play your music to great crowds in your favourite cities is something most bands dream about so I'm so glad we have achieved that this year.
"Our cosy Ford Transit (tour bus) has racked up many hundreds of miles and has seen blizzards, mini tornadoes and blistering freakish October heatwaves.
"The new year will bring a new single or two out on our officially registered Style Suicide label, and there will be more tours, videos, merchandise, parties, riots and electroshocking rock songs!