Torment of one man accused of murder
- Credit: Archant
A DARKLY comic one-man play will be revisited next week.
Comedy duo Doggett and Ephgrave join forces with BBC Radio 4’s Ben Tinniswood for a production of Vincent Cassar’s What’s the Time, Mr Wolf?
The play centres on Conrad Kordover – a man with strange habits who lives on his own in a small bedsit.
He is a Pagan and an eccentric, whose unconventional behaviour has drawn attention from both his community and the local authorities.
When a brutal murder is committed in the area, it isn’t long before the police come knocking. But with little substantial evidence to go by, is this simply a case of needing to find a scapegoat?
You may also want to watch:
The play was originally performed in 2001 in Bristol after winning Theatre West’s Search for a Script competition that same year.
Following a successful stint at last year’s Brighton Fringe, Doggett and Ephgrave have taken on the production with shows in Hitchin, Camden, Bristol and Frome.
- 1 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 2 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 3 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 4 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 5 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 6 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 7 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 8 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 9 A family affair and club history make it a special day for Letchworth
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
The two Hitchin shows are being held at The Market Theatre in Sun Street on Monday and Tuesday, starting at 8pm.
Tickets cost £10 or £8.50 concessions. Call 01462 433553 to book.