Top Brit baritone Rhydian tuning up for his Stevenage date, and a duet with Lucy
- Credit: Archant
When a performer is known by just one name, it normally means they’ve hit the top.
Even before he stepped into the talent show spotlight his star quality was undeniable – he was performing in eisteddfod competitions in his native Wales from an early age, and won a prized place at the Birmingham Conservatoire where he won a string of awards.
Although he only took the runner-up spot in the series, which was won by Leon Jackson, he was quickly offered a recording contract and since then has released a string of hit albums and taken on a number of musical roles on stage.
After racking up double platinum record sales and being nominated for a Classical Brit award, the bravura baritone is back on the road this autumn, promoting his fifth album, the crossover collection One Day Like This.
Special guest throughout the tour is Lucy Kay, who also shot to fame thanks to a TV talent show.
Lucy was a runner-up, too, taking the silver medal spot on last year’s series of Britain’s Got Talent, losing out to singing group Collabro. Since then her debut album Fantasia has topped the classical charts.
Rhydian said: “This tour has been amazing but I’ve saved the best until now. I’m so delighted that Lucy will be supporting me – we will be duetting together for the first time ever.
- 1 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 2 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 3 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 6 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 7 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 8 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 9 End of an era? Future of Crucial Crew scheme relies on new co-ordinators
- 10 Hitchin Beer & Cider Festival set to make triumphant return
“There will also be exclusive performances of songs from my brand new album.”
Both singers will be performing at Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre next Tuesday, November 10. For ticket details call 01438 363200 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk.