Top Brit baritone Rhydian tuning up for his Stevenage date, and a duet with Lucy
- Credit: Archant
When a performer is known by just one name, it normally means they’ve hit the top.
Even before he stepped into the talent show spotlight his star quality was undeniable – he was performing in eisteddfod competitions in his native Wales from an early age, and won a prized place at the Birmingham Conservatoire where he won a string of awards.
Although he only took the runner-up spot in the series, which was won by Leon Jackson, he was quickly offered a recording contract and since then has released a string of hit albums and taken on a number of musical roles on stage.
After racking up double platinum record sales and being nominated for a Classical Brit award, the bravura baritone is back on the road this autumn, promoting his fifth album, the crossover collection One Day Like This.
Special guest throughout the tour is Lucy Kay, who also shot to fame thanks to a TV talent show.
You may also want to watch:
Lucy was a runner-up, too, taking the silver medal spot on last year’s series of Britain’s Got Talent, losing out to singing group Collabro. Since then her debut album Fantasia has topped the classical charts.
Rhydian said: “This tour has been amazing but I’ve saved the best until now. I’m so delighted that Lucy will be supporting me – we will be duetting together for the first time ever.
- 1 Staff member left shaken after attempted armed robbery at village store
- 2 'Staff working in schools are terrified' - headteacher pleads for COVID-19 vaccine
- 3 Dangerous rogue gas fitter handed suspended prison sentence
- 4 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 5 Body found in search for missing woman
- 6 Boxing promoter Frank Warren praises Stevenage's Lister Hospital staff after COVID-19 battle
- 7 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 8 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 9 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Stevenage FC provides new location for Feed Up Warm Up drop-in
“There will also be exclusive performances of songs from my brand new album.”
Both singers will be performing at Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre next Tuesday, November 10. For ticket details call 01438 363200 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk.