Toad breezes in to stately home
THE antics of Mole, Ratty, Badger and Mister Toad will echo around one of England s top stately homes this summer when the Illyria theatre company s production of The Wind in the Willows motors in to Knebworth House, Hertfordshire. The open-air production
THE antics of Mole, Ratty, Badger and Mister Toad will echo around one of England's top stately homes this summer when the Illyria theatre company's production of The Wind in the Willows motors in to Knebworth House, Hertfordshire.
The open-air production of Kenneth Grahame's classic story, which is new to Illyria's repertoire this year, goes on stage at Knebworth on Saturday, July 22, at 7pm.
Audiences are promised a very loud Toad in a real car as his friends join forces in a series of adventures culminating in the eviction of evil weasel squatters from Toad's own ancestral home and the restoration of justice to the world.
Gates will be open from 6pm and guests will be welcome to bring picnics to enjoy in Knebworth's award-winning gardens. Barbecue food, a bottle bar and ice cream will be available from 6-7pm and during the interval.
Tickets are £11 per adult and £8 per child aged four-12. Family tickets valid for two adults and two children are £34. For full details and to book, call the box office at 01438 810931.
The Wind in the Willows presentation is part of a busy programme of special events at Knebworth House and Park this year. Other highlights include guest appearances by Noddy on August 3, 4, 5 and 6; the annual Classic Car Rally on August 27-28; and medieval jousting on September 3.
- 1 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 2 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 3 Range Rover stopped towing ‘insecure trailer’ on A1(M) in Stevenage
- 4 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 5 Lloyds Bank in Letchworth to shut as closures announced across the UK
- 6 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 7 Crackdown on anti-social behaviour in Letchworth and Baldock
- 8 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 9 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 10 Plans to demolish two houses and build 20 flats in their place
Information is also available on the website at www.knebworthhouse.com
For more details about Illyria, log on to www.illyria.uk.com