Time to debate serious issues - Hitchin date is a matter of life and death
- Credit: Archant
A great night out with a difference – that’s the aim of The Big Debate Show which is back at Hitchin’s Club 95 on Monday night.
The idea behind the event is to create a mash-up of good conversation, great company, live music and two brilliant hosts.
The monthly live debate –hosted by the Judge and Miss Anna – aims to allow people to express their feelings about issues that really matter, so some debates will be serious and others will be humorous.
This month’s topic is a real biggie – Is suicide a selfish act?
The Judge together with his co-host Miss Anna will share their views and then they’ll be looking to the audience to offer their opinions – and see where it goes from there.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers confidently guarantee a great debate but there is also enterainment on the bill, with singer Orey booked to appear on the night.
The Judge said: “If you’re looking for an alternative night out why not give The Big Debate Show a try?
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 6 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 7 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 8 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 9 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 10 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
“Not only do you get the chance to speak your mind, the best comment voted by the audience can win a bottle of champagne and there will also be other giveaways on the night.
“The Big Debate Show gives people of different ages and backgrounds an opportunity to come together and share their views.
“There’s nothing like this in Hitchin – great debate, great music and a brilliant chance to meet different people.
“Don’t miss out! Come down on Monday – the debate starts at 8pm and I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.”
Doors open at 7.30pm, it’s £5 on the door and if you’re worried about being out late at the start of the week it all wraps up at 10pm.
There more information about what’s involved in Facebook, or just stroll down to the Whinbush Road venue to find out for yourself.