Time for a new sound
TIMES have changed for one local band. Envoy Sound have changed their name to Time To Run and lead guitarist Dave Rhodes explains why. He said: We wanted something fresh that could represent the four-piece we had become after playing with various other m
TIMES have changed for one local band. Envoy Sound have changed their name to Time To Run and lead guitarist Dave Rhodes explains why.
He said: "We wanted something fresh that could represent the four-piece we had become after playing with various other members under the name Envoy.
"Time To Run was taken from a song by the Doors called Take It As It Comes.
"We all love the Doors and Jim Morrison is a very influential lyricist. It was something we all agreed on."
Members of the group also include Tom Fairhurst, lead vocals and bass, Alex Dovey, Hammond organ and saxophone and Ashley Hayley-Law on drums.
Dave explained: "Tom spent his teenage years living in a commune in Sweden where we met by chance after having previously gone to primary school together in Baldock. When Tom returned to Herts we continued the strong musical connection we had previously established.
- 1 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 2 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 3 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 4 Driver hospitalised with ‘serious injuries’ following crash in Hitchin
- 5 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 6 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 7 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 8 Parents' anger as possible school redundancies loom amid academy transition
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
"I met Ash and Alex at music college in Hitchin a couple of years ago and after a few months of jamming with various other people we finally came together as a four-piece in 2006."
At the moment they are songwriting in a warehouse in Baldock and have recently recorded a live CD of new material there with the Kaiser Chiefs' live-sound engineer.
Dave said: "We have recorded our first EP through Public House Recordings and have recently returned from a nationwide tour to promote its release at the end of February.
"We have also got various other artists working on remixes including a house remix of forthcoming single Dilated Pupils."
Their plans for the future include playing as many live shows as possible, supporting established touring bands and increasing their fan base.
The lead guitarist said: "We're currently planning our video for the single release and have been in talk with Sky Sports with regards to bubble music for one of their football shows."
The group will be playing at the Rhythms of the World fundraising gig at Club 85 on Saturday.
Their new MySpace address is www.myspace.com/timetorunuk for downloading music, gig information, mailing list requests or to simply get in touch.