Thriller king Jeffery won’t be expecting solitude for Letchworth shop session
- Credit: Archant
One of the world’s top thriller writers will be fielding questions about his craft and signing copies of his latest book when he arrives in Letchworth for a Sunday session.
Jeffery Deaver’s mastery of suspense, character and rollercoaster plot twists has made him one of the most recognisable names on bookshop shelves.
His new book Solitude Creek is a new case for one of his most popular characters, body language expert and special agent Kathryn Dance.
Dance, an agent with the California Bureau of Investigation, finds herself suspended from duty when an interrogation goes bad.
She’s demoted and given the boring assignment after a stampede in a local roadhouse results in several deaths and a number of injuries.
She soon learns that the panic at the roadhouse was no accident, and unofficially begins to investigate.
Jeffery Deaver has written 33 novels, his work has been translated into 25 languages and he has sold over 20 million books worldwide.
- 1 Plans to demolish riding stables to make way for housing
- 2 Man wanted in connection with police officer assault could be in Hitchin
- 3 Stevenage woman arrested following 'dangerous driving and assault'
- 4 Driver hospitalised with ‘serious injuries’ following crash in Hitchin
- 5 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 6 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 7 Former pub owner admits to food hygiene offences
- 8 Parents' anger as possible school redundancies loom amid academy transition
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
He has been a Sunday Times bestseller in the UK with his last 14 books, including the James Bond novel Carte Blanche.
He will be at David’s Bookshop in Eastcheap, Letchworth on Sunday, May 10, at 5.30pm.
Tickets are £4, which can be deducted from the cost of the hardback book (£18.99) if purchased on the evening.