Thriller king Jeffery won’t be expecting solitude for Letchworth shop session
- Credit: Archant
One of the world’s top thriller writers will be fielding questions about his craft and signing copies of his latest book when he arrives in Letchworth for a Sunday session.
Jeffery Deaver’s mastery of suspense, character and rollercoaster plot twists has made him one of the most recognisable names on bookshop shelves.
His new book Solitude Creek is a new case for one of his most popular characters, body language expert and special agent Kathryn Dance.
Dance, an agent with the California Bureau of Investigation, finds herself suspended from duty when an interrogation goes bad.
She’s demoted and given the boring assignment after a stampede in a local roadhouse results in several deaths and a number of injuries.
You may also want to watch:
She soon learns that the panic at the roadhouse was no accident, and unofficially begins to investigate.
Jeffery Deaver has written 33 novels, his work has been translated into 25 languages and he has sold over 20 million books worldwide.
- 1 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 2 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 'People power triumphs' as council agrees to change bulky waste collection fees
- 7 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?
- 8 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 9 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 10 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
He has been a Sunday Times bestseller in the UK with his last 14 books, including the James Bond novel Carte Blanche.
He will be at David’s Bookshop in Eastcheap, Letchworth on Sunday, May 10, at 5.30pm.
Tickets are £4, which can be deducted from the cost of the hardback book (£18.99) if purchased on the evening.