This Loney avenue leads to chance to quiz prizewinning author Andrew at Letchworth bookshop session
- Credit: Archant
The team at Letchworth’s David’s Bookshop is busily putting the finishing touches to a programme of big name author visits in the coming months.
And the first celebrity writing booking in at the Eastcheap store is Costa Book Award winner Andrew Michael Hurley.
His debut novel has already picked up a hatful of awards and critics have heaped all sorts of praise on what’s been described by some as an instant classic.
The Loney is about two brothers – one is mute, the other is his lifelong protector.
Every year their family visits the same sacred shrine on a desolate strip of northern coastline known as the Loney, in desperate hope of a cure.
You may also want to watch:
During the long hours of waiting, the boys are left alone – and they cannot resist the causeway revealed with every turn of the treacherous tide, the old house they glimpse at its end...
Years later, mute Hanny is a grown man no longer in need of his brother’s care. But then a child’s body is found – and the Loney always gives up its secrets, in the end.
- 1 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 2 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Have you seen wanted Stevenage man?
- 5 Complaints about Stevenage beauty store made to national fraud agency
- 6 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 7 'I'm not getting vaccinated yet, but don't call me an anti-vaxxer'
- 8 Lucky Hitchin man wins new Tesla and £30,000
- 9 Abandoned elderly cats found inside taped up box in Stevenage
- 10 Electrical store reopening with competition to win free 50-inch TV
You can reserve yourself a place at the event which starts at 7.30pm on Wednesday, April 6, by buying a copy of the £7.99 paperback from the shop in advance – and if you read it before the big night, you’ll be able to quiz the author about it.
Find out about the forthcoming events on the calendar at the bookshop online at www.davids-bookshops.co.uk.