Thirty bands at Baldock Beer Fest
A three day festival of music (and beer) has 30 bands across two stages playing everything from blues to reggae.
A THREE day festival of music – and beer – has 30 bands across two stages playing everything from blues to reggae.
The Baldock Beer Festival takes place over the May bank holiday weekend, with live acts from Friday night to Sunday evening in two marquees at Brandles School.
Headliners on the main stage include Contraband, Ravenous and The Ploughmen, while the acoustic stage – being run as a fundraiser for this summer’s Balstock festival – has rare unplugged sets from JoanOvArc as well as slots from Craig Harris and James Christie.
To hear some of the bands playing go to the festival’s Facebook page.
Entry is free all weekend.
FRIDAY – Main Stage: 6pm Kill Bill; 7.20pm Jigsaw; 8.40pm The 2 Tones; 10pm Contraband. Acoustic Tent: 7pm Steph Scott; 8.20pm G; 9.40pm Craig Harris.
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 5 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 8 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 9 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
SATURDAY – Main Stage:12.30pm Gor Jus Wrex; 1.45pm, Mouth On A Stick; 3pm J9 Blues; 3.50pm Indie and The Vegas; 4.45pm Richard Lee; 6pm Machine Shed Band; 7.20pm Fin Lizzy; 8.40pm XL-5; 8pm Ravenous. Acoustic Tent: 1.30pm-2.45pm Si, Si and Tom; 3.40-4.30pm JoanOvArc; 5.45pm-7pm Pete Guy; 8.20pm-9.40pm James Christie.
SUNDAY – Main Stage: 2pm 51 South; 3pm The Nocturnals; 4.20pm 5th Wheel; 5.40pm Flaneur Club; 7pm The Ploughmen. Acoustic Tent: 2.40pm Emily Millet-Deiseroth; 4pm Jordan; 5.20pm Eddie; 6.40pm Eddie and G.