Third season at a close
HITCHIN Music Matters is coming to the end of a third successful season. For the final concert of the season on Thursday, June 22, at 3pm, the original artists have had to withdraw due to one of the two performers shortly entering motherhood. That program
HITCHIN Music Matters is coming to the end of a third successful season.
For the final concert of the season on Thursday, June 22, at 3pm, the original artists have had to withdraw due to one of the two performers shortly entering motherhood. That programme - including the Hitchin premiere of Tara Guram's Cinderella - has now been postponed until the beginning of next year. The replacement musicians are cellist Sebastian Millett and pianist Christopher Taylor. The two main works will be Beethoven's Cello Sonata Op 102 No 1 and Rachmaninov's Cello Sonata.
In July, Hitchin Music Matters is joining in the Hitchin Festival. On Saturday, July 15, there will be a whole afternoon of Showcase, featuring Jill Crossland (piano) at 1-2pm; Margaret Lucy (flute) and Daniel Blasford (piano) at 2-3pm followed by James Redfern (piano), with one or two others hopefully filling the rest of the afternoon. Admission is free.
In the evening, there will be a special celebratory concert featuring the Cheung Piano Trio.
You may also want to watch:
For more details log on to www.hitchinmusicmatters.org.uk
- 1 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 2 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 3 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 6 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 7 Raft of measures to help tackle town's litter problem
- 8 April 12: Businesses' joy at emerging from our third and final lockdown
- 9 Standalone Farm welcomes families back with host of new activities
- 10 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?