Third season at a close
HITCHIN Music Matters is coming to the end of a third successful season. For the final concert of the season on Thursday, June 22, at 3pm, the original artists have had to withdraw due to one of the two performers shortly entering motherhood. That program
HITCHIN Music Matters is coming to the end of a third successful season.
For the final concert of the season on Thursday, June 22, at 3pm, the original artists have had to withdraw due to one of the two performers shortly entering motherhood. That programme - including the Hitchin premiere of Tara Guram's Cinderella - has now been postponed until the beginning of next year. The replacement musicians are cellist Sebastian Millett and pianist Christopher Taylor. The two main works will be Beethoven's Cello Sonata Op 102 No 1 and Rachmaninov's Cello Sonata.
In July, Hitchin Music Matters is joining in the Hitchin Festival. On Saturday, July 15, there will be a whole afternoon of Showcase, featuring Jill Crossland (piano) at 1-2pm; Margaret Lucy (flute) and Daniel Blasford (piano) at 2-3pm followed by James Redfern (piano), with one or two others hopefully filling the rest of the afternoon. Admission is free.
In the evening, there will be a special celebratory concert featuring the Cheung Piano Trio.
For more details log on to www.hitchinmusicmatters.org.uk
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 6 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 7 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 10 Christmas markets return to Hitchin