There’s plenty to scream and shout about
FANS may scream and shout at gigs but they certainly don t say nothing! Scream!Shout!SayNothing! formed by five friends from Hitchin, only started up in 2006 but have high hopes after rave reviews. The band consist of Ben Davies, 22, on vocals, Dan Magee
FANS may scream and shout at gigs but they certainly don't say nothing!
Scream!Shout!SayNothing! formed by five friends from Hitchin, only started up in 2006 but have high hopes after rave reviews.
The band consist of Ben Davies, 22, on vocals, Dan Magee, 18, guitar and backing vocals, Jamie Dunn, 21, guitar and backing vocals, Ben Street, 22, drums and Chris Hollis, 24, bass and backing vocals.
When asked what they have been up to recently, Chris said: "We've been writing and rehearsing ever since we formed about a year ago, and started gigging properly last summer.
"We signed a deal with Scylla Records after about six shows, which was a bit of a shock for us, and then we put out our first EP this Christmas."
They have already made plans for 2007.
- 1 Teenagers demand drugs and punch paramedic during attempted robbery
- 2 Football coach jailed again for indecent assault of boys
- 3 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 4 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 5 Joy for residents as appeal for four-storey apartment block dismissed
- 6 Council to build new car park to improve entrance into town
- 7 Stevenage siblings launch funeral fundraiser following Covid death of mum at 47
- 8 ATM stolen during ram raid at Baldock store
- 9 'Keep us safe' - schoolchildren's plea for crossing at Norton demonstration
- 10 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
Chris said: "We're just getting ourselves ready for a UK tour which kicks off in Beaconsfield on February 3, and then once we've recovered from that we'll probably be heading back into the studio to record an album.
We're also planning to release a download-only single after Easter - we have a producer in New York who really wants to do us a video for it so that'll be an awesome experience."
The bass player said that music lovers can expect: "A passionate, cathartic and emotive show. The shows are honest, we just want to make music that's not contrived in any way and hopefully we'll be able to make a connection with people."
Highlights include supporting Enter Shikari on Christmas Eve at Club 85, playing with respected artists and getting signed.
"It's a good feeling knowing that someone believes in your music enough to want to sign you."
Chris said his hopes for the future are: "To be able to play to more and more people and to keep having as much fun as we are now."
Find out more at www.myspace.com/screamshoutsaynothing