Theatre review: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in Stevenage
WITH big name stars, your favourite jokes, and a family feel-good factor guaranteed, this year’s Gordon Craig Theatre pantomime yet again is a perfect festive treat.
Jordan Productions’ Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs boasts a cast with plenty of TV and theatre credits between them to ensure from scene to song the Stevenage show sails along seamlessly!
Sue Holderness of Only Fools and Horses fame is the perfect Wicked Queen to boo - while whiter than white Katie Rowley-Jones has swapped the West End and Sister Act for, well, Snow White.
Daniel Boys may have already tweaked a few heartstrings when appearing on BBC’s Any Dream Will Do, but comes to Stevenage for another eye-catching performance as Prince Simon of Sofaria - which is so very far away, we’re told. Repeatedly.
As for the Dame, Paul Laidlaw steps up to the stage yet again with a sweet but rather husky, booming voice that is bound to please, as well as the legs to match.
You may also want to watch:
In Chris Clarkson they have a Herbie the Huntsman that the audience won’t fail to befriend, as well as a decent cricketer from the way he hits snowballs into the crowd.
And last, but certainly not least, our seven dwarfs - from snoozy to smiler - provide the audience with many a sing-a-long and plenty of mischief too.
- 1 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 2 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 3 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 4 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 5 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 6 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 7 Will loss of free parking cause death of high street?
- 8 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 9 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 10 Urgent appeal to fix charity's leaky roof
With packed out performances so far, it’s just good fortune that Snow White will be running until Sunday, January 23.
For tickets and show times call 01438 363200 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk