Theatre: Hitchin Theatre stages Hi camp show
A HOLIDAY camp will be opening its doors and welcoming you in with opening arms this February in the latest Bancroft Players’ offering.
Maplin’s is coming to Hitchin’s The Queen Mother Theatre in a production of Hi de Hi, based on the well-known TV show by Jimmy Perry & David Croft.
The Bancroft Players are one of the first amateur companies to stage “Hi de Hi” as a play and transport the audience back to the 1950’s so expect rock and roll music, beehive hairdos, knobbly knees and beautiful baby competitions.
All of Maplin’s familiar faces will be on stage: Jeffrey Fairbrother, Gladys Pugh, Ted Bovis, Spike and the Yellowcoats, not forgetting the hapless Peggy and Hitchin’s answer to Strictly Come Dancing – Yvonne and Barry Stuart-Hargreaves.
Doors open on Monday for a nightly 7.45pm show which runs until Saturday, February 26.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets start from �7 can be bought by visiting www.queenmothertheatre.org.uk or by calling the Queen Mother Theatre box office on 01462 455166.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 4 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 5 Chicken for England! Fast food branch shares inside scoop on feeding our Euros squad
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 8 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 9 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people
- 10 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys