Theatre: Hitchin Theatre stages Hi camp show
A HOLIDAY camp will be opening its doors and welcoming you in with opening arms this February in the latest Bancroft Players’ offering.
Maplin’s is coming to Hitchin’s The Queen Mother Theatre in a production of Hi de Hi, based on the well-known TV show by Jimmy Perry & David Croft.
The Bancroft Players are one of the first amateur companies to stage “Hi de Hi” as a play and transport the audience back to the 1950’s so expect rock and roll music, beehive hairdos, knobbly knees and beautiful baby competitions.
All of Maplin’s familiar faces will be on stage: Jeffrey Fairbrother, Gladys Pugh, Ted Bovis, Spike and the Yellowcoats, not forgetting the hapless Peggy and Hitchin’s answer to Strictly Come Dancing – Yvonne and Barry Stuart-Hargreaves.
Doors open on Monday for a nightly 7.45pm show which runs until Saturday, February 26.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets start from �7 can be bought by visiting www.queenmothertheatre.org.uk or by calling the Queen Mother Theatre box office on 01462 455166.
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 4 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 5 Primary schools hit back after ex-Ofsted head says teachers should be prepared to 'sacrifice their lives'
- 6 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 7 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 8 Professional artist born out of school lockdown project
- 9 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 10 Missing Stevenage teen found