Theatre: Hitchin Theatre stages Hi camp show
A HOLIDAY camp will be opening its doors and welcoming you in with opening arms this February in the latest Bancroft Players’ offering.
Maplin’s is coming to Hitchin’s The Queen Mother Theatre in a production of Hi de Hi, based on the well-known TV show by Jimmy Perry & David Croft.
The Bancroft Players are one of the first amateur companies to stage “Hi de Hi” as a play and transport the audience back to the 1950’s so expect rock and roll music, beehive hairdos, knobbly knees and beautiful baby competitions.
All of Maplin’s familiar faces will be on stage: Jeffrey Fairbrother, Gladys Pugh, Ted Bovis, Spike and the Yellowcoats, not forgetting the hapless Peggy and Hitchin’s answer to Strictly Come Dancing – Yvonne and Barry Stuart-Hargreaves.
Doors open on Monday for a nightly 7.45pm show which runs until Saturday, February 26.
Tickets start from �7 can be bought by visiting www.queenmothertheatre.org.uk or by calling the Queen Mother Theatre box office on 01462 455166.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 3 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 4 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 7 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 8 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?