The World’s End gives back to Letchworth with charity grant
- Credit: Archant
Money raised from a film screening is being offered to groups as a charity grant.
A screening of The World’s End – largely shot in Letchworth GC – which gave fans the opportunity to put questions to actor Simon Pegg and director Edgar Wright at the Broadway Cinema on November 28 raised £4,500.
Half of the money is now being offered to groups connected to Letchworth GC for promotional work in 2014, while the other half has already been sent to the Philippines Typhoon Appeal.
Anyone with a creative idea is encouraged to apply for a grant, which is being offered by the Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation in association with North Hertfordshire District Council.
Alastair Stewart, head of charitable projects and partnerships at the Heritage Foundation, said: “We’re looking for creative ideas from groups clearly stating how their plans could benefit their group.”
The grant will be split between at least two groups which can each apply for up to £1,250, although there is no minimun amount.
Businesses are also eligible to apply if they are working on behalf of a group which will benefit Letchworth GC residents.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
Applicants need to write up to 250 words about their proposal, explaining what they are going to do and how it will benefit the organisation, including a very simple breakdown of how they plan to spend the money.
Application forms can be collected from the Broadway Cinema in Eastcheap or either the Local and Tourist Information Centre and The Hub, both based in Station Road.
Groups can also apply online via www.letchworth.com/heritage-foundation
The deadline for applications is January 31 with the winner to be announced in February.