The trains now arriving in Hitchin are the models from over the border
- Credit: Archant
Fans of model railways will be making tracks to Hitchin’s Christchurch in time for the arrival of a show offering a suitable platform for their enthusiasm.
The Luton Model Railway Club’s 0 Gauge Section will be staging a model railway exhibition at the Bedford Road venue, opposite Waitrose, from 10.30am to 5pm on Saturday, April 18.
There will be 12 layouts to enjoy and an 0 gauge test track – fine scale only – will be available with visiting locomotives welcome (no live steam).
There will also be trade stalls as well as information stands from preservation societies.
A spokesman for the group said: “We are holding the exhibition in Hitchin because it has been some time since one has been held in the town.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope to encourage people of all ages to take-up railway modelling, and to celebrate that Hitchin was an important railway junction with its own steam locomotive shed.”
Admission is £4 for adults, £2 for children under 16, and light refreshments will be available.
- 1 Missing Stevenage teen found
- 2 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 3 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Development plans for 16.5-acre Stevenage site could create 1,000 jobs
- 5 Historic school to close at end of academic year
- 6 Increase in town centre parking charges 'is no help to beleaguered shops clinging on'
- 7 Unannounced safety inspection of care home following COVID-19 outbreak
- 8 'People power triumphs' as council agrees to change bulky waste collection fees
- 9 Man arrested in connection with petrol station robbery
- 10 When will outdoor pools be reopening in Letchworth and Hitchin?