The trains now arriving in Hitchin are the models from over the border
- Credit: Archant
Fans of model railways will be making tracks to Hitchin’s Christchurch in time for the arrival of a show offering a suitable platform for their enthusiasm.
The Luton Model Railway Club’s 0 Gauge Section will be staging a model railway exhibition at the Bedford Road venue, opposite Waitrose, from 10.30am to 5pm on Saturday, April 18.
There will be 12 layouts to enjoy and an 0 gauge test track – fine scale only – will be available with visiting locomotives welcome (no live steam).
There will also be trade stalls as well as information stands from preservation societies.
A spokesman for the group said: “We are holding the exhibition in Hitchin because it has been some time since one has been held in the town.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope to encourage people of all ages to take-up railway modelling, and to celebrate that Hitchin was an important railway junction with its own steam locomotive shed.”
Admission is £4 for adults, £2 for children under 16, and light refreshments will be available.
- 1 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 2 Prime Minister Boris Johnson opens Airbus' new £35 million facility
- 3 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 4 Two arrests made after serious assault in town centre
- 5 Our town in pictures: A journey through Stevenage's past and present
- 6 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 7 Brett Donnelly happy with squad building as Stotfold aim for promotion goal
- 8 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 9 Floats, fun and fancy dress: Do you remember Stevenage Carnival?
- 10 Famous faces: A look at Stevenage's most notable people