The trains now arriving in Hitchin are the models from over the border
- Credit: Archant
Fans of model railways will be making tracks to Hitchin’s Christchurch in time for the arrival of a show offering a suitable platform for their enthusiasm.
The Luton Model Railway Club’s 0 Gauge Section will be staging a model railway exhibition at the Bedford Road venue, opposite Waitrose, from 10.30am to 5pm on Saturday, April 18.
There will be 12 layouts to enjoy and an 0 gauge test track – fine scale only – will be available with visiting locomotives welcome (no live steam).
There will also be trade stalls as well as information stands from preservation societies.
A spokesman for the group said: “We are holding the exhibition in Hitchin because it has been some time since one has been held in the town.
“We hope to encourage people of all ages to take-up railway modelling, and to celebrate that Hitchin was an important railway junction with its own steam locomotive shed.”
Admission is £4 for adults, £2 for children under 16, and light refreshments will be available.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 4 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 5 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 In pictures: Stevenage pantomime Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans