The Streets: The Hardest Way To Make An Easy Living
In 2002 this witty, motor-mouthed chav produced a triumph out of boredom and real-life attitude set to garage grooves. Four years later, the MC s third album proves he s left that world behind. He spends his time rapping about £250,000 promo budgets, sn
In 2002 this witty, motor-mouthed chav produced a triumph out of boredom and 'real-life' attitude set to garage grooves.
Four years later, the MC's third album proves he's left that world behind.
He spends his time rapping about £250,000 promo budgets, snorting cocaine, sleeping with celebrities, spread-betting and - even in the title - moaning about being famous.
Skinner seems to have lost his previous penmanship; his expressions of love, disappointment, confusion, etc, are stifled beneath sub-GCSE language and shedloads of swearing.
You may also want to watch:
The rhyming is good but timing often sounds awkward, and the backing to his spewed broods is sharper, harsher, but much less commercial. For garage fans only. 2/5
- 1 Closure order for Hitchin bungalow following anti-social behaviour
- 2 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 3 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 4 Some bus services set to change to 'build on great network'
- 5 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 6 New mental health unit earmarked for Stevenage
- 7 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 8 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre
- 9 From Doctor Foster to Midsomer Murders... North Herts on screen in these BritBox series
- 10 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash