The Streets: The Hardest Way To Make An Easy Living
In 2002 this witty, motor-mouthed chav produced a triumph out of boredom and real-life attitude set to garage grooves. Four years later, the MC s third album proves he s left that world behind. He spends his time rapping about £250,000 promo budgets, sn
In 2002 this witty, motor-mouthed chav produced a triumph out of boredom and 'real-life' attitude set to garage grooves.
Four years later, the MC's third album proves he's left that world behind.
He spends his time rapping about £250,000 promo budgets, snorting cocaine, sleeping with celebrities, spread-betting and - even in the title - moaning about being famous.
Skinner seems to have lost his previous penmanship; his expressions of love, disappointment, confusion, etc, are stifled beneath sub-GCSE language and shedloads of swearing.
You may also want to watch:
The rhyming is good but timing often sounds awkward, and the backing to his spewed broods is sharper, harsher, but much less commercial. For garage fans only. 2/5
- 1 11-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery
- 2 Stevenage's Banksy brings another community mural to town's underpasses
- 3 Cyclist suffers bruises to face after being punched in assault
- 4 Persistent town centre beggar and thief sentenced
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man with links to Stevenage?
- 6 Major application submitted for 1,500 new homes on land west of Stevenage
- 7 Man jailed after threatening terrified neighbour with rape and arson
- 8 Former head boy founds charity in Greece to help refugees
- 9 Free parking in Letchworth town centre to welcome back shoppers
- 10 Arrest made after car crashes and overturns in Stevenage