The Snow Queen comes to Letchworth
EXPECT an icy performance when a wicked snow queen descends on Letchworth GC next week.
Winding Road Theatre Company return to Letchworth Arts Centre for their annual Christmas show, which this year comes in the form of The Snow Queen.
Join Gerda on her adventure to the snow queen’s icy palace, helped by talking crows and dancing reindeer.
The company, which produces theatre shows exclusively for children and young people, will be combining the skills of story-telling, physical theatre and creative design for the performance.
The Snow Queen is being staged for three consecutive days from Monday, December 19, to Wednesday, December 21, with matinees at 3pm and evening performances at 7pm. Tickets are �8 and concessions �6.
Lovers of author Charles Dickens are in for a seasonal treat at the Arts Centre the day after The Snow Queen finishes with an evening devoted to his classic A Christmas Carol.
The story will be read by Keith Baldwin on Thursday, December 22, with a glass of mulled wine and a mince pie included in the ticket price of �8 or �7 concessions.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 3 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 4 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 5 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 6 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 7 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
Former Household Cavalry soldier and senior police officer Keith, who lives in Letchworth GC, is known locally as a speaker, compere and voice-over artist.
Doors open at 7pm with the reading starting at 7.30pm.
Tickets for both shows are available from the Arts Centre in The Arcade and on 01462 670788.