The Metatrons present mayhem
Mayhem is promised at The Victoria as The Metatrons presents… takes over for another night of indie fun.
Hitchin’s overdriven Jesus And Mary Chain, Ronettes-tinged Vic favourites are back on Saturday October 20 - this time with east London strange fruit pop outfit Local Girls.
Led by Stuffy – ex of Stuffy And The Fuses – the four-piece blend the best bits of the B52s, Ramones and Adam And The Ants with Arctic Monkeying about – all-in-all pretty bloody good. And three of the girls are boys.
Also on the bill at the smashing Hitchin pub are The Pocket Gods. St Alban’s inventive, occasionally beautiful, occasionally fuzzed-up modern day honky tonk band are one word – great.
Add The Metatrons to the mix and it’s going to be an out-there, stomping party.
You may also want to watch:
And it’s free. Super.
- 1 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 2 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Have you seen wanted Stevenage man?
- 5 Complaints about Stevenage beauty store made to national fraud agency
- 6 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 7 'I'm not getting vaccinated yet, but don't call me an anti-vaxxer'
- 8 Lucky Hitchin man wins new Tesla and £30,000
- 9 Electrical store reopening with competition to win free 50-inch TV
- 10 Abandoned elderly cats found inside taped up box in Stevenage