The Killers - Sam’s Town – Vertigo
And so it came to pass that LA newbies-cum-supergroup The Killers released their difficult second album – a treacherous time for any band, but particularly with these shiny indie-pop conquerors, who shot to fame and fortune with Hot Fuss. Their debut wa
And so it came to pass that LA newbies-cum-supergroup The Killers released their 'difficult' second album - a treacherous time for any band, but particularly with these shiny indie-pop conquerors, who shot to fame and fortune with Hot Fuss.
Their debut was a fearsome slab of soaring, danceable 80s-tinged indie rock with plenty of synths thrown in for good measure and a raft of great singles.
But here Brandon Flowers and company have opted to ditch the big-melody choruses but keep the build-it-up song structure, often making for a disappointing result and exposing Flowers' tuneless wail.
Sadly, lead single When You Were Young is the best you can expect.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Stevenage welcomes back shoppers as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 Former Premier League footballer vows to help local club after 'awful' fire
- 3 Police crack down on street drinking in Stevenage
- 4 Campaigner calls for council tax refund as littering continues in North Herts
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 6 Busy first day for hospice's new children's store in Stevenage
- 7 April 12: Businesses' joy at emerging from our third and final lockdown
- 8 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 9 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 10 Standalone Farm welcomes families back with host of new activities