The Killers - Sam’s Town – Vertigo
And so it came to pass that LA newbies-cum-supergroup The Killers released their difficult second album – a treacherous time for any band, but particularly with these shiny indie-pop conquerors, who shot to fame and fortune with Hot Fuss. Their debut wa
And so it came to pass that LA newbies-cum-supergroup The Killers released their 'difficult' second album - a treacherous time for any band, but particularly with these shiny indie-pop conquerors, who shot to fame and fortune with Hot Fuss.
Their debut was a fearsome slab of soaring, danceable 80s-tinged indie rock with plenty of synths thrown in for good measure and a raft of great singles.
But here Brandon Flowers and company have opted to ditch the big-melody choruses but keep the build-it-up song structure, often making for a disappointing result and exposing Flowers' tuneless wail.
Sadly, lead single When You Were Young is the best you can expect.
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 8 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 9 Residents encouraged to have their say on Stevenage's new political map
- 10 Council backs master plan for further expansion of Luton Airport