The Killers - Sam’s Town – Vertigo
And so it came to pass that LA newbies-cum-supergroup The Killers released their difficult second album – a treacherous time for any band, but particularly with these shiny indie-pop conquerors, who shot to fame and fortune with Hot Fuss. Their debut wa
And so it came to pass that LA newbies-cum-supergroup The Killers released their 'difficult' second album - a treacherous time for any band, but particularly with these shiny indie-pop conquerors, who shot to fame and fortune with Hot Fuss.
Their debut was a fearsome slab of soaring, danceable 80s-tinged indie rock with plenty of synths thrown in for good measure and a raft of great singles.
But here Brandon Flowers and company have opted to ditch the big-melody choruses but keep the build-it-up song structure, often making for a disappointing result and exposing Flowers' tuneless wail.
Sadly, lead single When You Were Young is the best you can expect.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 2 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death
- 3 Why grass in Stevenage and North Herts public areas isn't cut
- 4 Two people taken to hospital with serious injuries after Clothall Road crash
- 5 Crowds flock to Hitchin for Bucklersbury and Sun Street Day
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 Officers investigating vehicle interferences urge victims to come forward
- 8 The beach is back! Hitchin to welcome the return of sun and sand for the ultimate staycation
- 9 'Fight for what is yours' - Alyssa Smith Jewellery's message following High Court win
- 10 'Music legends' Aswad impress at LGC Live event in town centre