The Eyes have it!
ANOTHER dose of hardcore drumming and anthemic riffs this week as metal returns to The Phoenix in Hitchin. Scar My Eyes, a North Herts four-piece who balance their frenzied pace with scathing vocals, wear the crown of Cradle of Filth and Machine Head with
ANOTHER dose of hardcore drumming and anthemic riffs this week as metal returns to The Phoenix in Hitchin.
Scar My Eyes, a North Herts four-piece who balance their frenzied pace with scathing vocals, wear the crown of Cradle of Filth and Machine Head with relative ease.
Listening to Antiquity, a brutal block of heavy drums and great vehemence, would be only comparable to having your face forced towards whipping helicopter blades by a screaming Charles Manson.
It is ferocious and relentless, a scream-along rather than a sing-along, and will probably leave you needing a hearing-aid before the band returns to The Phoenix on Friday, October 20.
You may also want to watch:
Alongside Scar My Eyes are Self Inflicted, a female fronted rock/metal band from Cambridgeshire.
Although slightly less extreme, Self Inflicted are no less talented.
- 1 Woman named after pleading guilty to fly-tipping offence
- 2 Body found in search for missing woman
- 3 CCTV appeal after fraud incident in Stevenage
- 4 Government curbs council's powers to block new homes
- 5 Good Samaritan becomes victim of attempted robbery in Stevenage
- 6 COVID-19 cases continue to plummet in Stevenage and North Herts
- 7 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 8 Movies announced for drive-in cinema's return to Knebworth
- 9 Five Guys to open as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Historic school to close at end of academic year
Taking their influences from the more audience-friendly Disturbed, Korn, RATM and Pearl Jam, their music is more melodic and a bit softer.
That's not to say they won't blow you away. They are certainly capable of keeping you pinned up against the wall gasping for breath.
Look out for Voodoo Conspiracy. A great name for an equally sublime song.
You can also expect a couple of kicking and screaming performances this Friday by the two other bands on the bill.
Between them The Voice and Death Con 1 will do more than fill in the gaps left by Scar My Eyes and Self Inflicted and will certainly hold their own.