The Eyes have it!
ANOTHER dose of hardcore drumming and anthemic riffs this week as metal returns to The Phoenix in Hitchin. Scar My Eyes, a North Herts four-piece who balance their frenzied pace with scathing vocals, wear the crown of Cradle of Filth and Machine Head with
ANOTHER dose of hardcore drumming and anthemic riffs this week as metal returns to The Phoenix in Hitchin.
Scar My Eyes, a North Herts four-piece who balance their frenzied pace with scathing vocals, wear the crown of Cradle of Filth and Machine Head with relative ease.
Listening to Antiquity, a brutal block of heavy drums and great vehemence, would be only comparable to having your face forced towards whipping helicopter blades by a screaming Charles Manson.
It is ferocious and relentless, a scream-along rather than a sing-along, and will probably leave you needing a hearing-aid before the band returns to The Phoenix on Friday, October 20.
Alongside Scar My Eyes are Self Inflicted, a female fronted rock/metal band from Cambridgeshire.
Although slightly less extreme, Self Inflicted are no less talented.
- 1 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 2 North Herts deputy council leader Paul Clark passes away from COVID-19
- 3 Trust calls out council for causing 'uncertainty and chaos' by disrupting two-tier conversion
- 4 Prince Philip death joke tweets sparks probe as councillor leaves party
- 5 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 6 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 7 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 8 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 9 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 10 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
Taking their influences from the more audience-friendly Disturbed, Korn, RATM and Pearl Jam, their music is more melodic and a bit softer.
That's not to say they won't blow you away. They are certainly capable of keeping you pinned up against the wall gasping for breath.
Look out for Voodoo Conspiracy. A great name for an equally sublime song.
You can also expect a couple of kicking and screaming performances this Friday by the two other bands on the bill.
Between them The Voice and Death Con 1 will do more than fill in the gaps left by Scar My Eyes and Self Inflicted and will certainly hold their own.